You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, July 3, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] The Second Home Serpentine Pavilion is a colorful new art installation you can check out next to the La Brea Tar Pits from June 28 to November 24. Open daily, admission is free. FREE
2. [noon] The popular annual Hello Kitty Art Show returns to the Corey Helford Gallery with over 100 artists from around the globe focused on examining Hello Kitty and her influence on popular culture. The gallery is open Tuesday-Saturday from noon to 6 p.m. and the exhibition will be on view until August 3.FREE
3. [5:30 p.m.] Descanso Gardens hosts Summer Songs welcoming The Flashdance DJs into their Rose Garden. They’ll be spinning an all-vinyl set during sunset hours and beer will be offered at concession stands.
4. [6 p.m.] Movie Night at the Brentwood Country Mart screens The Aristocats. FREE
5. [6:45 p.m.] 6-mile Wednesday night city walk –Grand Central Market to East Hollywood. FREE
6. [7 p.m.] There’s a Tiki Party at Frogtown Brewery to celebrate the release of the Painkiller Milkshake IPA.
7. [7 p.m.] Cinespia is back for its 18th summer season, at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery for screenings of films modern, cult, and classic. They plan to celebrate 4th of July early with a screening of Mad Max Fury Road plus a fireworks show
8. [7 p.m.] Back for the 16th year in a row, The Independent Shakespeare Co. presents Shakespeare in the Park at the Old Zoo in Griffith Park with a free performance of Twelfth Night on Wednesday and Friday. FREE
9. [7:30 p.m.] Groove to the sounds of Nile Rodgers & CHIC as they take the stage with the LA Phil for a three night Disco Throwdown as dazzling fireworks set the skies above aglow at the Hollywood Bowl’s annual July 4th Fireworks Spectacular happening July 2-4. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [9 p.m.] David Bowie Nite at Part Time Punks at The Echo.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $15 tix to Americafest at the Rose Bowl (via Goldstar)