You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, July 5, 2016.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [1 p.m.] LACMA Tuesday Matinee Film Series screens Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
2. [4 p.m] Free afternoon admission at Kidspace Children’s Museum (from 4 to 8 p.m.). FREE
3. [5:30 p.m.] Food truck night at the California Heritage Museum features a big selection of tasty food trucks (5:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.) FREE
4. [6 p.m.] World Rhythms at Descanso Gardens features world music and dance performances in a gorgeous garden setting every Tuesday from June 7 to July 26 from 6-7 p.m.
5. [8 p.m.] Moonlight Movies on the Beach screenings take place at Granada Beach in Belmont Shore. This week it’s Goonies. FREE
6. [8 p.m.] Harvelle’s Underground Comedy & Burlesque. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [8 p.m.] Cool Beans First Tuesday comedy nigt at The E Spot Lounge in Studio City. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [8:30 p.m] Monkey Town Los Angeles, a pop-up video cinema and dining experience featuring chef Nick Montgomery and Weyes Blood.
9. [9 p.m.] Taking Back Tuesday: Emo Night LA at Echoplex. First 100 people in are free, $10 thereafter.
10. [all day] View the new exhibition dedicated to Pterosaurs, a species of giant flying dinosaurs at the Natural History Museum.
DEAL OF THE DAY: Discount admission to the Family Jam at The LA Zoo (via Goldstar)