You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, July 5, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
2. [9 a.m.] July 1-7 is Clean Beach Week and beauty innovator QYKSonic is hosting a ‘Clean The Beach’ event at Huntington City Beach on July 5 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. to help pick up the aftermath of what July 4th causes.
1. [10 a.m.] Anime Expo 2018 returns to the Los Angeles Convention Center July 5-8 , giving anime experts and beginners alike the opportunity to meet some of anime’s greatest creators, voice actors and more.
4. [noon] Beyond the Streets is a fully immersive exhibition of street and graffiti art comprised of over 30 artist in a massive 40,000+ square feet exhibits. Artist are an eclectic mix of street and beyond including Retna, Shepard Fairey, Kenny Scharf Dennis Hopper and Jenny Holzer. Open Tuesday through Sunday this week. Open Tuesday through Sunday this week. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [5:30 p.m.] Sizzling Summer Nights at The Autry returns for weekly nights of salsa and Latin fusion music, complimentary dance lessons, museum access, tacos and margaritas.
6. [7:30 p.m.] The Silver Lake Picture Show continues with films Sunset Triangle Plaza every other Thursday through mid-September. The event features DJ sets or live music from local bands, along with short films from Los Angeles-area filmmakers and a feature film. Steven Spielberg’s 1975 thriller Jaws will be screened this week. FREE
5. [8 p.m.]Enjoy free family-friendly outdoor movies in Malibu thanks to Screen on the Green at Trancas Country Market every Thursday through September 13. This week Finding Dory will be screened. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] Old Pasadena Summer Cinema kicks off with a screening of There’s Something About Mary at CTRL Collective. The series brings free movie screenings to the Old Pasadena area at select venues from July 5 to 28. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] Harry Potter is coming to the Hollywood Bowl for a night filled with magic when they screen the fourth Harry Potter film, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, on the Bowl’s jumbo screens while the LA Philharmonic performs Patrick Doyle’s memorable score live.
9. [8 p.m.] Back for the 15th year in a row, The Independent Shakespeare Co. presents Shakespeare in the Parkat the Old Zoo in Griffith Park with free performances Thursday through Sunday of A Midsummer Night’s Dream. FREE
10. [9 p.m.] It’s Cosmic Karaoke night at Scum and Villainy Cantina. Singing starts at 9 p.m.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $25 tix to see Vance Joy at The Greek (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.