You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, July 6, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [6 a.m.] Anime Expo 2018 returns to the Los Angeles Convention Center July 5-8 , giving anime experts and beginners alike the opportunity to meet some of anime’s greatest creators, voice actors and more.
6. [5:30 p.m.] Barnsdall Fridays returns to Barnsdall Art Park for the tenth year in a row, with evening tastings of boutique wines and music from KCRW DJs perched atop a hill with incredible city views.
3. [7 p.m.] The Music Center’s annual Dance DTLA series is back for 2018 with a series of Friday-night events at Grand Park. This week features Dance DTLA an evening dedicated to line dancing. FREE
5. [7:30 p.m.] Mexican bolero icons Los Tres Reyes and Grammy award-winning recording artist Rosalie Rodriguez will take the stage of the Ford Theatre this Friday for a concert featuring bolero music a style considered to be the most romantic music genre of Latin America.
4. [8 p.m.] The Department of Beaches and Harbors presents Beach Movie Nights at Dockweiler Youth Center. This week they screen Big Hero 6. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] Old Pasadena Summer Cinema continues with screenings of Departures at Distant Lands bookstore and Sunset Boulevard at One Colorado. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] For over 30 years, Grand Performances has offered a variety of performance events at California Plaza, for free. Their 2018 summer series runs June 1 through August 18. Performing this Friday is Ginkgoa; The Vignes Rooftop Revival performing the music of Django Reinhardt. FREE
8. [11:30 p.m.] Madame Tussauds in Hollywood is throwing a 80’s style midnight party. In collaboration with 1987 Juices the event is a workout party with live music by DJ Lalaland and cold pressed juices. 80’s workout wear is suggested.
9. [various Free museum days: Norton Simon Museum (5 to 8 p.m.), Pasadena Museum of California Art (noon to 5 p.m.), La Brea Tar Pits Museum (5 to 8 p.m.) and Long Beach Museum of Art (11 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
10. [various] Since its the first Friday of the month check out all the cool events happening around town including block parties and art walks for First Fridays.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $25 tix to see Vance Joy at The Greek (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.