You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, July 7, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [6 p.m.] Catch a flick on the rooftop of the Ritz-Carlton in Downtown Los Angeles during Summer Supper + Show Series presented by WP24 by Wolfgang Puck. The series kicks off with a screening of Singin’ in the Rain on July 7 and 8.
2. [7 p.m.] Enjoy some free Shakespeare this summer when the Independent Shakespeare Co. returns for the 8th year in a row with free/donation-based performances at the Old Zoo in Griffith Park. Measure for Measure will be performed Wednesday through Sunday. FREE
3. [7 p.m.] The Music Center’s Dance DTLA series returns this week with Line Dance & Two-Step at Grand Park. FREE
4. [7:30 p.m.] Greenbar Distillery is hosting cocktail classes in Downtown LA this Friday with vodka, gin and rum cocktails.
5. [7:30 p.m.] All Space Considered at the Griffith Observatory. FREE
6. [8 p.m.] Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban in Concert comes to the Hollywood Bowl on July 7 and 8 for a revival of the third film in the series with a full-blown orchestra! The Los Angeles Philharmonic will perform the sensational sounds of John Williams’ score, so prepare to relive the magic of this film projected in high definition on the big screen!
7. [8 p.m.] Get ready for a night of fiery at Downtown Los Angeles’ Union Station! Metro Art presents Salsa at the Station a free salsa party with dance lessons, DJ Walt Digz and the musical stylings of salsa orchestra Rumbakate. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] Grand Performances presents The Thanksgiving Play by Larissa FastHorse on Friday. FREE
9. [8 p.m.] Celebrate summer in Monterey Park with free outdoor movies with your friends and family. During Summer Movie Nights, five different parks in Monterey Park will host movie screenings. The series continues with La La Land. FREE
10. [various] Since its the first Friday of the month check out all the cool events happening around town including block parties and art walks for First Fridays.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $27 to see Mama Mia! at the Hollywood Bowl (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.