You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, July 8, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] The Renegade Craft Fair returns to L.A. State Historic Park July 8-9 featuring some of the best handmade artisans (250-plus maker) selling their goods. The craft fair will also host DIY workshops, food trucks, craft drinks, DJ sets, photo booths and much more.
2. [11 a.m.] The Long Beach Vegan Festival returns to Rainbow Lagoon Park for an afternoon of live music, vegan fare, and family fun. Vegan food trucks and booths, a chili cook-off, live music and activities for adults and kids ranging from yoga to face painting.
3. [11 a.m.] See a real live Quidditch tournament as the Los Angeles Guardians go up against the Salt Lake City Hive, at the Westwood Recreation Center this Saturday. Adapted from J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter book series, the sport is played by over 500 teams in 26 countries. This event is free and open to the public, but donations are encouraged! FREE
4. [noon] The 2017 Salsa Festival at Pershing Square (July 8-9) will feature a wide variety of salsas to sample alongside local food vendors, a margarita bar, live music and an interactive kids zone. Access to the event is free and open to all ages, however you can purchase various tasting packages, as well as food and drinks, on-site.
5. [1:30 p.m.] Tiki Night returns to the Egyptian Theatre this Saturday with a Tiki Marketplace, The Aloha Fridays food truck, a Tiki Bar, performances by acclaimed ukulele player King Kukulele & his Friki Tikis, along with the Polynesian Paradise Dancers and a screening of Rapa Nui.
6. [4 p.m.] The Autry Museum of the American West in Griffith Park is hosting Our Life Festival an eco-friendley party with local and national musicians, green demos, health-conscious food trucks, artisan vendors and a 21-and-over bar.
7. [5:30 p.m.] Movie Picnic Night at Alhambra Park is a free Chinese outdoor movie showcasing Chinese language films with subtitles. This weekend they will kick off the summer series with a screening of Our Times. FREE
8. [7 p.m.] Enjoy some free Shakespeare this summer when the Independent Shakespeare Co. returns for the 8th year in a row with free/donation-based performances at the Old Zoo in Griffith Park. Measure for Measure will be performed Wednesday through Sunday. FREE
9. [8 p.m.] Drunken Devil presents Curse of the Jungle Drums an evening of exotica and horror. Be transported to an imaginary, extravagant tiki bar in Hollywood circa 1954 for a devilish night of drinking, tarot readings, burlesque, magicians and more.
10. [8 p.m.] Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban in Concert comes to the Hollywood Bowl on July 7 and 8 for a revival of the third film in the series with a full-blown orchestra! The Los Angeles Philharmonic will perform the sensational sounds of John Williams’ score, so prepare to relive the magic of this film projected in high definition on the big screen!
DEAL OF THE DAY: $10 tix to see Dane Cook, Pete Davidson, Iliza Shlesinger, Jeff Garlin, Kevin Nealon and guests at the Comedy Store on July 8 (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.