As you probably already know we do a twice-weekly rundown of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to us that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy. With that in mind, here are 10 quick, fun ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar. For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
10 for $10 or Less
1. [FREE] Metro Art presents Salsa at the Station at Union Station, a free salsa party with dance lessons, DJ Walt Digz and the musical stylings of salsa orchestra Rumbakate. FRIDAY
2. [FREE] The Music Center’s Dance DTLA series returns this week with Line Dance & Two-Step at Grand Park. FRIDAY
3. [FREE] Summer Movie Nights in Monterey Park. FRIDAY
4. [FREE] Enjoy some free Shakespeare this summer when the Independent Shakespeare Co. returns for the 8th year in a row with free/donation-based performances at the Old Zoo in Griffith Park. Measure for Measure will be performed Friday through Sunday. FRIDAY-SUNDAY
5. [FREE] Since its the first Friday of the month check out all the cool events happening around town including block parties and art walks for First Fridays. FRIDAY
6. [FREE] Saturday’s Off the 405 at The Getty with Reggie Watts. SATURDAY
7. [FREE] See a real live Quidditch tournament as the Los Angeles Guardians go up against the Salt Lake City Hive, at the Westwood Recreation Center this Saturday. Adapted from J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter book series, the sport is played by over 500 teams in 26 countries. This event is free and open to the public. SATURDAY
8. [FREE] The Renegade Craft Fair returns to L.A. State Historic Park July 8-9. SATURDAY-SUNDAY
9. [FREE] Tiny Porch Concerts, a series of FREE concerts in unique venues, comes to the amphitheater at the Peter Strauss Ranch in Agoura Hills on Sunday with a show from Americana string band Moonsville Collective and Venice Beach-based band Feisty Heart. SUNDAY
10. [FREE] Dress in your best 1940s attire and get ready to twirl, dance and drink at The Wiltern during Swingin’ Summer a vintage-style evening where guests will enjoy live bands and learn the art of swing dancing. RSVP is free, but you can buy VIP packages (starting at $10 per person) that guarantee entry. Dance lessons not included with free RSVP. SUNDAY
5 MORE Options…
Here are 5 other things to do this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- The Long Beach Vegan Festival. SATURDAY
- Our Life Festival at The Autry. SATURDAY
- Tiki Night returns to the Egyptian Theatre. SATURDAY
- The 2017 Salsa Festival at Pershing Square. SATURDAY-SUNDAY
- Outfest, L.A.’s signature LGBT film festival, returns this weekend with screenings at venues across Los Angeles. The 11-day event runs through July 16. Check for discounted tickets on Goldstar for select screenings. FRIDAY-SUNDAY (via Goldstar)
Make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.