You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, July 9, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The exhibit “Satoyama: Evolving with the Forest” celebrates epicurean ecology through a collaboration between Michelin-starred chef and Japanese cooking pioneer Chef Yoshihiro Narisawa and leading food photographer, Sergio Coimbra. The food photography exhibition will feature many interactive moments including educational workshops throughout the till July 29, 2018.
2. [5 p.m.] Celebrate the 50th anniversary of Yellow Submarine with a special party at Amoeba Hollywood.
3. [6 p.m.] The Unheard L.A. salon at East Los Angeles Library is part of a KPCC community driven series showcasing Angelenos telling first-person experiences of life in Southern California. Over the course of the summer KPCC will bring back producers and past participants to LA County Library locations across the region. FREE
4. [7 p.m.] Write Club Los Angeles at the Bootleg Theater
5. [8 p.m.] Straight Outta Compton screens at Melrose Rooftop Cinema.
6. [8:30 p.m.] Nick Offerman & Friends at Largo raising funds for the new film from Laura Dunn (Look & See) currently entitled “Forest and the Trees”.
7. [9 p.m.] Goths Gone Wild at Panamerican Night Club.
8. [9 p.m.] Dirty Looks at Union Night Club.
9. [9 p.m.] Silverplanes, Pretty, All Systems Know at The Satellite. FREE
10. [10:30 p.m.] Voldemort and the Teenage Hogwarts Musical Parody at UCB Sunset.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $25 tix to see Vance Joy at The Greek (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.