You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, August 12, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [4 p.m.] During the month of August Skyspace’s The Garden Bar will host TAP TAKEOVERS where your admission between the times of 4 p.m. to 1 a.m. will include a free craft brew. This week guests can sip on a beer from Angel City Brewery on August 12-14.
2. [5 p.m.] Orville Peck comes to Amoeba Hollywood for a live-set and album signing
3. [6:30 p.m.] There’s a free Mindful Yoga on the Beach series in the South Sand of the Manhattan Beach Pier this Monday at 6:30 p.m. FREE
4. [7 p.m.] Start your week with a free Jam Session at the Ford Theatre. This week’s focus: Hula and Ukulele FREE
5. [8 p.m.] Dan Harmon (Community, Rick & Morty) brings his Harmontown podcast live to Dynasty Typewriter.
7. [9 p.m.] The Business LA is a free comedy show at Little Joy featuring some of the best local comics in town. FREE
8. [9:30 p.m.] The Mermaid Comedy Hour returns to the Hollywood Improv with a fierce lineup that includes Valerie Tosi, Joleen Lunzer and more.
9. [various] The Burbank Comedy Festival taking place across five different venues will host 200 performers from around the globe for seven days (August 11-17) of nonstop funny business.
10. [various] The 15th Annual HollyShorts Film Festival will screen over 400 films from 30 different countries during the festival’s 10-day run from August 8-17 at TCL Chinese Theatres in Hollywood.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $21 tix to the Queen Mary’s Dark Harbor (via Goldstar)