You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, August 14, 2016.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] CicLAvia open streets festival on iconic Wilshire Blvd.
2. [9 a.m] BrunchConLA.
3. [9 a.m.] 84th Annual Great Sand Sculpture Contest in Long Beach. FREE
4. [11 a.m.] Angel City Brewery Avocado Festival. FREE
5. [noon] 54th annual Watermelon Festival in The Valley.
8. [noon] 2nd Annual Tiki Social and Swamp Meet in Long Beach. FREE
7. [2 p.m.] Opening reception for Barnsdall Park’s Open Call 2016 art exhibition. FREE
8. [7:30 p.m.] Once Upon a Canyon Night w/Maz Jobrani & Friends.
9. [various] Burbank Comedy Festival.
10. [various] Sundance NEXT FEST continues.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $12 Classical Nights at the Hollywood Bowl (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.