You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, August 18, 2016.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [6 p.m.] Sizzling Summer Nights at The Autry’s outdoor patio
2. [7 p.m] Twilight Concerts at Santa Monica Pier with performance by Mavis Staples with The Suffers. Hosted by KCRW DJ Gary Calamar. FREE
3. [7 & 9 p.m.] The Alchemist’s Lab: A Victorian Escape Room. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [7 p.m.] L.A. Moon Walk pop-up art Installation.
5. [7 p.m.] The Silver Lake Picture Show is screening Shaolin Soccer. FREE
6. [8 p.m.] JazzPOP 2016 at The Hammer. FREE
7 [8 p.m.] Music Maker Blues Revue at The Skirball Cultural Center Sunset Concert Series.
8. [various] Echo Park Rising. FREE
9. [various] Burbank Comedy Festival.
10. [various] HollyShorts Film Festival.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $18 to see Bloc Party, Bob Mould & Ezra Furman at The Hollywood Bowl (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.