You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, August 18, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Perrier is hosting a yoga event featuring a fully-stocked Perrier & Juice drink bar, live DJs from Power106, Vinyasa yoga sessions, giveaways and much more. FREE
2. [11 a.m.] British artist Lucy Sparrow has transformed the second floor of the Standard in DTLA into Sparrow Mart a supermarket art wonderland fill with over 31,000 adorable felt-covered food replicas all for sale. Part art installation, store and loads of photo worthy moments, Sparrow Mart open Aug 1-31 (closed on Mondays) is free to attend on a first come first serve basis. FREE
3. [noon] Long Beach BBQ Festival at Rainbow Lagoon Park (August 17-19) will feature world class pitmasters showcasing their skills for hungry que fans! Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [noon] The 2018 L.A. Taco Festival at Grand Park in DTLA features an eclectic array of traditional and trending tacos, all from local L.A. spots.
5. [2 p.m.] Once every month Griffith Observatory hosts a free public star party allowing the public to view through telescopes to see the stars and beyond as well as discuss with knowledgeable amateur astronomers about our solar system. FREE
6. [4 p.m.] The All My Friends Music Festival heads to The Row DTLA for two days of live music and performances on three separate stages. Performers include RL Grime, Gucci Mane, Jhene Aiko, M.I.A., Jamie XX, Armand and Van Helden and more.
7. [6 p.m.] Pasadena Rooftop Cinema is back for another series of free family friendly screenings on a South Lake Avenue rooftop. This Saturday the series will screen Jurassic Park. FREE
8. [7 p.m.] KCRW’s Summer Nights continues this Saturday at KCRW headquarters with a Backyard Party featuring KCRW DJ Henry Rollins, a selection of food trucks curated by KCRW’s Evan Kleiman and record collectors and dealers hand-selected by Beats Swap Meet. FREE
9. [7 p.m.] HUSHfest takes over the Santa Monica Pier for a silent disco dance party focused on the “New York State of Mind” with Jay Z vs LCD Soundsystem vs Talking Heads tunes.
10. [various] Echo Park Rising celebrates the creativity, diversity, music and businesses of Echo Park with a four-day celebration (Aug 16-19) featuring food, drink, and amazing live music. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $4.50 tix to the Long Beach BBQ Fest Aug. 17-19 (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.