You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, August 2, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [1 p.m.] CREAM will celebrate National Ice Cream Sandwich Day at three L.A. locations selling mini ice cream sandwiches for one penny from 1-4 p.m. in honor of the invention of the original ice cream sandwich in 1900, when it was sold for one cent from a street cart. Cash only. See your closest location here.
2. [5:30 p.m.] Sizzling Summer Nights at The Autry returns for weekly nights of salsa and Latin fusion music, complimentary dance lessons, museum access, tacos and margaritas.`
3. [6 p.m.] Opening night of Rodeo Drive’s BOLD Summer is set to bring an energizing spin to Beverly Hills’ Golden Triangle this August. Come enjoy the event’s free kickoff block party on August 2, with live entertainment, special restaurant offers, art installations, fireworks and more! BOLD happens every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from August 2-25. FREE
4. [7 p.m.] Movie Night at The Wiltern will screen Yellow Submarine 50th Anniversary Celebration with a live DJ spinning vinyl and photo ops. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [7 p.m.] Back for the 15th year in a row, The Independent Shakespeare Co. presents Shakespeare in the Park at the Old Zoo in Griffith Park with a free performance of Titus Andronicus Wednesday through Friday. FREE
6. [7 p.m.] Best of Short Film Festival at Regal L.A. LIVE Cinemas will focus on multiple award winning short films from around the world circled around theme romance or sci-fi. The event is free to attend with a suggested donation.
7. [7:30 p.m.] The Silver Lake Picture Show continues with films Sunset Triangle Plaza every other Thursday through mid-September. The event features DJ sets or live music from local bands, along with short films from Los Angeles-area filmmakers and a feature film. Remember the Titans will be screened this week. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] Skirball’s annual Sunset Concert Series features six Thursday night concerts with eclectic and inspiring artists from July 26 to August 30. Peter Mawanga is set to perform this week.
9. [8 p.m.] Enjoy free family-friendly outdoor movies in Malibu thanks to Screen on the Green at Trancas Country Market every Thursday through September 13. This week Meatballs will be screened. FREE
10. [9 p.m.] Thursday is Cosmic Karaoke night at Scum and Villainy Cantina. Singing starts at 9 p.m.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $10 tix to the LA County Fair opening weekend (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.