You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, August 21, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] A Yeti Village has been constructed on Hollywood and Vine in anticipation for the movie SMALLFOOT. Designed to look like winter, visitors of all ages can dance in a blizzard, swing on a cloud, ride a 20-foot slide, play in a snowball pit, sing karaoke, do arts and crafts and more. The family-friendly experience is free to attend and runs through September 14, 2018. FREE
2. [11 a.m.] British artist Lucy Sparrow has transformed the second floor of the Standard in DTLA into Sparrow Mart a supermarket art wonderland fill with over 31,000 adorable felt-covered food replicas all for sale. Part art installation, store and loads of photo worthy moments, Sparrow Mart open Aug 1-31 (closed on Mondays) is free to attend on a first come first serve basis. FREE
3. [11 a.m.] Coffee Fest Los Angeles 2018 (for coffee professionals) at the L.A. Convention Center.
4. [noon] Check out Todd Schorr’s Neverlasting Miracles at KP Projects on La Brea Ave. Gallery hours are noon to 6 p.m., Tuesday to Saturday. The exhibition runs through September 1.
5. [5 p.m.] Red Herring in Eagle Rock hosts a Slow & Low BBQ Slam from 5 to 10 p.m., featuring all-you-can-eat pulled pork, ribs, hot links, brisket and chicken, paired with classic sides and a slice of homemade pecan pie. Tickets coast $35 per person.
6. [6:30 p.m.] There’s free meditation held by Chan Meditation at Rio San Gabriel Park in Downey this Tuesday. FREE
7. [7 p.m.] It’s Hello Kitty night at Dodger Stadium this Tuesday as the boys in blue battle the St. Louis Cardinals. Hello Kitty will be throwing out the first pitch, Dodger x Hello Kitty drawstring tote bags will be given out and iconic Sanrio character will also make appearances for photo opps before the game in the Left Field Plaza.
8. [8 p.m.] Movie Nights at Tropicana Bar located at The Hollywood Roosevelt hotel will throw Angelenos a movie night series every Tuesday night from 8 to 11 p.m. from June till September 3 by the David Hockney painted Tropicana Pool. Screening this week is Clueless.
9. [8 p.m.] Moonlight Movies on the Beach returns to Alfredo’s Beach Club in Long Beach a a summer of free film screenings on the sand. The series concludes with a screening of the classic Karate Kid at Granada Beach. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $17.50 tix to Long Beach Comic Con (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.