You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, August 23, 2016.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [5:30 p.m.] Free weekly afternoon boot camp at Grand Park. FREE
2. [5:30 p.m.] Food truck night at the California Heritage Museum features a big selection of tasty food trucks
3. [8 p.m] Sweet Rose Creamery in Studio City is hosting free summer screenings every Tuesday. This week they will screen Goonies. FREE
4. [8 p.m.] Moonlight Movies on the Beach screenings take place at Granada Beach in Belmont Shore. This week it’s Inside Out. FREE
5. [8 p.m.] Hershey Felder as Leonard Bernstein in Maestro at the Wallis Annenberg Center. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [8 p.m.] Harvelle’s Underground Comedy & Burlesque in Long Beach DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [8:30 p.m.] Quick and Funny Musicals at the UCB Sunset.
8. [9 p.m.] A tribute to PAUL SIMON + ‘Graceland’ 30 year anniversary at The Satellite. FREE
9. [9 p.m.] Reggie Watts and his band Karen play a set at the El Cid while Skin & Bones warm up the crowd. Admission is just $10.
10. [various] The World Series of Beach Volleyball kicks off.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $14 for classical nights at the Hollywood Bowl (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.