You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, August 26, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] The Venice Beach Music Fest comes to Windward Plaza Park this Saturday bringing yet again another incredible lineup of music, art, and dance.
2. [noon] The LA Taco Festival 2017 returns to Grand Park for a day of eating some of the tastiest tacos in town.
3. [noon] DTLA Proud Festival returns to Pershing Square on August 26 and 27 for a fun weekend celebrating local queer culture, art, history and entertainment.
4. [4 p.m.] Intersection: A Playhouse District Festival celebrates the Pasadena Playhouse District with a free, end-of-summer street party.
5. [6 p.m.] Off the 405 is a free outdoor summer concert series at the Getty Center. The series showcases some of today’s hottest bands while surrounded by some of the most beautiful gardens, views and architecture in Los Angeles. FREE
6. [7 p.m.] Artopia returns to Union Station for LA Weekly’s fifth annual art party celebrating the booming arts and culture scene in Los Angeles.
7. [8 p.m.] Summer Happenings at The Broad returns with contemporary art, music and performances in a one of a kind late-night environment. This Saturday the series continues with a night dedicated to the Oracle exhibit, curated by Ron Athey.
8. [various] The 7th annual Los Angeles Food & Wine Festival comes to Downtown L.A. and Santa Monica August 24 through 27 for a four-day epicurean event showcasing the best of what Los Angeles and beyond has to offer in food and drink culture. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [various] The West Hollywood Dance Festival (WHDF) returns to West Hollywood’s Park Auditorium August 20 through 27 for a week-long celebration featuring performances, workshops for all levels, and open rehearsals.
10. [various] The Nisei Week Japanese Festival is happening from August 19-27 with unique cultural celebrations in historic Little Tokyo that includes a Gyoza Eating Championship, cultural exhibits, demos, food and more.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $15 tix for the Made in LA Music Fest
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.