As you probably already know we do a twice-weekly rundown of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to us that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy. With that in mind, here are 10 quick, fun ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar. For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
10 for $10 or Less
2. [FREE] Round Up, the ultimate country street party, is coming to L.A. LIVE. FRIDAY
3. [FREE] Summer Nights in the Gardens at the Natural History Museum. FRIDAY
4. [FREE] The Music Center’s Dance DTLA series returns this week with DJ Nights at Grand Park. FRIDAY
5. [FREE] Off the 405 is a free outdoor summer concert series at the Getty Center. The series showcases some of today’s hottest bands while surrounded by some of the most beautiful gardens, views and architecture in Los Angeles. SATURDAY
6. [FREE] Intersection: A Playhouse District Festival celebrates the Pasadena Playhouse District with a free, end-of-summer street party. SATURDAY
7. [FREE] The Venice Beach Music Fest comes to Windward Plaza Park. SATURDAY
8. [FREE] The Voyager Institute is a a new lecture series created by Alamo Drafthouse programmer that posits itself as a combo of “The Moth”, a TED talk and a variety show all mashed together. This Saturday night’s show includes a “We Love You, Bill Paxton” tribute video mix. FREE
9. [FREE] The Floor Improv Day at Union Station is a free public event showcasing L.A.’s diverse musicians and dancers from live musical performances, dance lessons, percussion workshops, and the very funny The Floor Improv Jam. SUNDAY
10. [FREE] The Los Angeles Visionaries Association (LAVA) will host their popular Sunday Salon where guest will enjoy a talk and walking tour of an architectural gem in danger of being demolished. SUNDAY
5 MORE Options…
Here are 5 other things to do this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- 7th annual Los Angeles Food & Wine Festival. FRIDAY-SUNDAY
- LA Taco Festival 2017 returns to Grand Park. SATURDAY
- Summer Happenings at The Broad. SATURDAY
- DTLA Proud Festival. SATURDAY-SUNDAY
- Festival Del Marisco Y Michelada. SUNDAY
Make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.