You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, August 25, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [5 p.m.] Eat|See|Hear brings a screening of Depeche Mode: 101 at Rose Bowl Stadium.
2. [5 p.m.] Summer Nights in the Garden returns to the Natural History Museum in Downtown Los Angeles for garden-inspired cocktails, music and botanical tours with the NHM garden staff. Guests are welcome to bring a picnic or purchase bites from food trucks, the event is free to attend. FREE
3. [5:30 p.m.] KCRW’s 2017 edition of Summer Nights is a free all ages outdoor music series happening throughout the summer. This Friday they’ll takeover Union Station with DJs Jason Bentley and Travis Holcombe. FREE
4. [6 p.m.] Friday Flights at the Getty is back this year with another round of live interdisciplinary artist performances. Experience epic art, live performances and scenic views at one of L.A.’s most popular museums. FREE
5. [6 p.m.] Round Up, the ultimate country street party, is coming to L.A. LIVE this Friday. The free outdoor event will feature a beer garden, $5 food and drink menus at participating L.A. LIVE eateries, mechanical bull riding, live musical performances, line dancing, country-themed vendors, rodeo ropers and more! FREE
6. [7 p.m.] Head to Westwood Village for a free screening of Moana. Tickets are not required and seating is first come, first serve. FREE
7. [dusk] Night Dive at the Aquarium of the Pacific is an 18-and-over event featuring DJ sets, a puppet show, food trucks, bars, henna tattoos and more.
8. [various] The 7th annual Los Angeles Food & Wine Festival comes to Downtown L.A. and Santa Monica August 24 through 27 for a four-day epicurean event showcasing the best of what Los Angeles and beyond has to offer in food and drink culture. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [various] The West Hollywood Dance Festival (WHDF) returns to West Hollywood’s Park Auditorium August 20 through 27 for a week-long celebration featuring performances, workshops for all levels, and open rehearsals.
10. [various] The Nisei Week Japanese Festival is happening from August 19-27 with unique cultural celebrations in historic Little Tokyo that includes a Gyoza Eating Championship, cultural exhibits, demos, food and more.
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.