You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, August 26, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Brick Fest Live: Lego Fan Experience in Pasadena (August 25-26) is coming to the Pasadena Convention Center for two days of insane builds, hands-on activities, and sets to buy.
3. [noon] There’s a Vegan Block Party happening at Dry River Brewing this Sunday featuring vegan and cruelty free vendors like Jades Vegan Sushi, Veggie y Qué, Mini Drops Ice Cream and much more. Free to enter and food is for sale.
4. [noon] Los Angeles’ first Matcha LA Fest celebrates all things matcha on August 25-26 with over 20 vendors, matcha in many different forms, a photo booth, giveaways, matcha merch, and more.
5. [noon] The DTLA Proud Festival returns to Pershing Square for a weekend of community and diversity celebration starting with a free all ages celebration this Friday featuring live music, food vendors, artists and more representing the culture, history, and diversity of the Los Angeles LGBTQ+ community.
6. [1 p.m.] Metro Art Presents “Changes: Works at Union Station,” an afternoon of 20 site-specific performances and interactive works in unique spaces inside the station. FREE
7. [3 p.m.] Cal Jam 18 will host a pop-up at the Hollywood Palladium with free performances by Chevy Metal and The Holy Shits, plus food, merchandise and more. FREE
8. [5 p.m.] Escape the summer heat during Jazz on the Lawn, a series of free summer concerts at Santa Monica’s Gandara Park every Sunday in August. In addition to live music there will be free dance lessons, food trucks and picnic games. FREE
9. [5:30 p.m.] There’s a free community tribute to the late Jonathan Gold on the steps of City Hall in DTLA this Sunday.
10. [various] The 8th annual Los Angeles Food & Wine Festival is a five-day epicurean event showcasing the finest in Los Angeles food and drink culture. Happening in Downtown L.A., Santa Monica and Beverly Hills between from August 22-26. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
DEAL OF THE DAY: $6.50 tix to the L.A. County Fair (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.