You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, August 27, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon] A Yeti Village has been constructed on Hollywood and Vine in anticipation for the movie SMALLFOOT. Designed to look like winter, visitors of all ages can dance in a blizzard, swing on a cloud, ride a 20-foot slide, play in a snowball pit, sing karaoke, do arts and crafts and more. The family-friendly experience is free to attend and runs through September 14, 2018. FREE
2. [5 & 7 p.m.] Yogis and animal lovers finally have the perfect workout activity thanks to Golden Road Brewery. Goat Yoga on the Lawn is going down this Monday at their L.A. location.
3. [6 p.m.] Players Wanted: Star Trek – A Themed Game Night at Scum and Villainy Cantina.
4. [6 p.m.] The Gay Popper weekly sunset salon series at Ace Hotel Upstairs. FREE
5. [7 p.m.] Paint and Pint Night at Three Weavers Brewery in Inglewood.
6. [7 p.m.] Get energized by a full, 75-minute yoga session as the sun sets and the full moon appears when Bender brings a special yoga session to the rooftop of Row DTLA this Monday. Yoga class includes refreshments, a live DJ, chair massages by Papa & Barkley, and get tarot card readings from Receptive Tarot.
7. [7 p.m.] Start your week with a free Jam Session at the Ford Theatres. This week’s focus: Flamenco Dance. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] There’s a B-Day tribute to the king of pop via Motown Mondays at The Short Stop in Echo Park.
9. [8:30 p.m.] Hanging Out With Paul Scheer at Largo.
10. [various] L.A. Dragon Studios located in the valley is a all you can play gaming center with VR, Escape Rooms, and an Arcade all for a flat fee of $10. Open seven days a week.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $6.50 tix to the L.A. County Fair (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.