You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, August 28, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [7 p.m.] Head to the Ford Theatres for a free summer JAM session featuring complimentary dance instruction. This Monday’s theme: Salsa! FREE
2. [7 p.m.] Hot Tub With Kurt And Kristen at The Virgil is one of the most popular weekly variety shows happening on a Monday in Los Angeles.
3. [8 p.m.] Magic Monday at Santa Monica Playhouse. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [8 p.m.] Michael on Monday • MJ B-Day Tribute at The Short Stop. FREE
6. [8 p.m.] The Moth GrandSLAM: GROWING PAINS at The Regent Theatre.
7. [8:30 p.m.] North Hollywood theatre Zombie Joe’s Underground will take on Laguna Beach’s annual Pageant of the Masters by re-creating over 45 classic and contemporary art through live models. Pieces include Van Gogh, Da Vinci, Picasso, Banksy as well as iconic advertising, war-time propaganda, and cultural images from present time.
8. [8:30 p.m.] The Business LA is a free comedy show at Little Joy featuring some of the best local comics in town. FREE
9. [9:45 p.m.] Comedy Bazaar at Laugh Factory. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [10:30 p.m.] Take It Personal: The Hip Hop Improv Show at UCB Sunset.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $16 tix for Escape Room LA: The Pyramid
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.