You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, August 3, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] British artist Lucy Sparrow has transformed the second floor of the Standard in DTLA into Sparrow Mart a supermarket art wonderland fill with over 31,000 adorable felt-covered food replicas all for sale. Part art installation, store and loads of photo worthy moments, Sparrow Mart is free to attend on a first come first serve basis. FREE
2. [4 p.m.] Viceroy Santa Monica is hosting a “Vice Hour” happy hour this Friday to celebrate their new chef, Sean Piccarreto and the Angelenos are invited to come in for complimentary drinks and eats poolside with summer music vibes provided by TSR Airlines’ Dan and Lindsay Mancini.
3. [5 p.m.] Jackalope Arts is bringing a new night market to Pasadena on August 3-4 featuring a massive assortment of artisan vendors, free sunset yoga classes, acoustic music, DIY activities, and local food and drink, including a beer garden to sit back and enjoy the summer evenings. Happening at Old Pasadena’s Central Park. FREE
4. [5 p.m.] The La Brea Tar Pits and Museum will host Late Night Fridays where guests can enjoy free general admission from 5 to 8 p.m. and gain access to special activities, 3D movies, behind-the-scenes tours, live excavations, and more. FREE
5. [6 p.m.] Rodeo Drive’s BOLD Summer is set to bring an energizing spin to Beverly Hills’ Golden Triangle this August. Come enjoy a block party with live entertainment, special restaurant offers, and more. BOLD happens every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from August 2-25. FREE
6. [6:30 p.m.] Enjoy a vintage-style summer evening watching a drive-in movie during San Fernando Valley Summer Drive-In Movie Nights at the Lake Balboa Complex. Each evening will offer food trucks, a 26-player arcade game truck, laser tag, silent disco headphone party and family board games all included in your ticket price. Kicking off the weekend is a screening of Fast Times at Ridgemont High on Friday.
7. [7 p.m.] Brew at the L.A. Zoo features beer sampling from 40+ local craft and microbreweries, live music, pop-up zookeeper talks, animal discovery stations and more. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [8 p.m.] There’s a multi-sensory art party revolving around emojis coming to Los Angeles for one night. The Emoji Art Show, at DTLA’s Inner Space, will feature over 30 emerging local artists, live art, body painting, performances, DJ tunes, a full bar with food and emoji desserts.
9. [9 p.m.] The Music Center’s annual Dance DTLA series is back for 2018 with a series of Friday-night events at Grand Park. This week features DJ Nights an evening dedicated to curated music, dancing, and more from 9 p.m. to midnight. FREE
10. [various] Since its the first Friday of the month check out all the cool events happening around town including block parties and art walks for First Fridays.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $10 tix to the LA County Fair opening weekend (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.