You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, August 4, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [12:30 p.m.] Need an excuse to check out the largest thrift store in Los Angeles. The Society of St. Vincent de Paul is having a one-day 50% sale, valid at either their Los Angeles or Long Beach location. Hours are are 12:30 to 6 p.m.
2. [4 p.m.] FIGat7th Downtown Festival will return to transform the popular shopping destination into an intimate music venue with live performances by leading pop, rock, American roots, soul and alternative artists. FREE
3. [5:30 p.m.] Sip wine perched on a iconic L.A. hill that’s also home to an architectural gem at The Barnsdall Art Park’s annual Wine Tasting Nights.
4. [7 p.m.] The Music Center’s Dance DTLA series returns this week with a Disco themed dance night at Grand Park. FREE
5. [7 p.m.] Brew at the Zoo comes to the Los Angeles Zoo & Botanical Gardens this Friday for an evening of beer tasting from local craft and microbreweries. Sip suds while you enjoy live music, pop-up zoo keeper talks, and close-up animal encounters. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [7:30 p.m.] The Griffith Observatory hosts a monthly forum where some of the most amazing phenomena in the known universe are explained and discussed. It’s called All Space Considered and it takes place on the first Friday of every month. FREE
7. [8:30 p.m.] The San Fernando Valley Summer Drive-In Movie Nights will feature a retro drive-in, screening movies connected to the SFV. Guests can enjoy pre-show music, surprise guests, and themed out entertainment. This week the series will screen E.T.
8. [dusk] Pershing Square continues their free summer movie screenings this Friday with The 6th Day. FREE
9. [all day] Salt & Straw West Hollywood will be handing out free scoops all day this Friday as part of the start of their late night happy hour (everyday from 9 to 11 p.m. through) AND the launch of Live Music Friday’s, which will take place weekly on Fridays from 8 to 10 p.m. The free scoop offer (all day this Friday only) is for one regular scoop of any flavor but if you going during happy hour you can upgrade to a waffle cone… also for free! Salt & Straw WeHo only.
10. [various] Free museum days: Norton Simon Museum (5 to 8 p.m.), Pasadena Museum of California Art (noon to 5 p.m.) and Long Beach Museum of Art
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.