You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, August 5, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] The Beverly Hills Farmers Market is hosting a Picklefest, featuring a variety of pickled fruits and vegetables this Sunday. Event is free to attend!
2. [9 a.m.] The third annual BrunchCon LA returns to The Reef in Downtown L.A. with plenty of brunch items, plus an open Mimosa and Bloody Mary bar. In addition to brunching, there will also be photo booths, a Museum of Brunch, dancing, a marketplace, Mimosa Pong, Giant Jenga, corn hole, and more! Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [9 a.m.] CatCon is back August 4-5! The ultimate feline convention where pop and cat culture converge will have two days of cat merchandise from 150 vendors, DIY workshops, cat-world celebrities, adoptions and more. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [10 a.m.] The 20th Annual TASTE OF ECUADOR Food Festival & Parade comes to Placita Olvera for a full experience of Ecuadorian cuisine and culture featuring crafts, musical groups, folklore customs, a parade and more. FREE
5. [11 a.m.] British artist Lucy Sparrow has transformed the second floor of the Standard in DTLA into Sparrow Mart a supermarket art wonderland fill with over 31,000 adorable felt-covered food replicas all for sale. Part art installation, store and loads of photo worthy moments, Sparrow Mart is free to attend on a first come first serve basis. FREE
6. [1 p.m.] Local L.A. band The Growlers present the Beach Goth music festival at Los Angeles State Historic Park. Headliners include The Voidz, Doug E. Fresh, and The Growlers of course, with fan favorite experiences like Death of a Clown Cabaret a Beach Goth Island, which will feature a world of palm trees, dubbed out reggae music in quadraphonic sound, beer and plenty of sandy vibes.
7. [2:30 p.m.] Movie Night at The Wiltern will host a Toy Story matinee screening with themed photo ops, face painting and coloring stations. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [3 & 5 p.m.] Mount Wilson Observatory is offering classical music concerts within the dome of the 100-inch telescope above the observatory. Located in the San Gabriel Mountains above Pasadena, the shows happen once a month from May to October.
9. [5 p.m.] Escape the summer heat during Jazz on the Lawn, a series of free summer concerts at Santa Monica’s Gandara Park every Sunday in August. In addition to live music there will be free dance lessons, food trucks and picnic games. FREE
10. [7 p.m.] Bon Iver will take the stage of the Hollywood Bowl this Sunday as part of KCRW’s World Festival.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $10 tix to the LA County Fair opening weekend (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.