You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, August 4, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [8 a.m.] To celebrate LiveStrong.Com turning 10 years old, the entire team is holding a day of workouts and wellness this Saturday on the field of the Rose Bowl. Stronger | Weekend will feature celebrity trainers leading the day with workout classes, wellness insights, a marketplace, art installations, DJ tunes, and much more. You can even be a part of history, as Stronger | Weekend will include an attempt to break the Guinness World Record for Most People Holding an Abdominal Plank! Use the promo code LOSANGELES10 for $10 tickets to the event!
2. [9 a.m.] CatCon is back August 4-5! The ultimate feline convention where pop and cat culture converge will have two days of cat merchandise from 150 vendors, DIY workshops, cat-world celebrities, adoptions and more. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [10 a.m.] you’re a brunch enthusiast, you’ll want to head over to the Brunch Life Festival in Long Beach this Saturday. The inaugural event brings together restaurants in Orange County, Long Beach and Los Angeles for brunch tastings, mimosas, bloody marys, live entertainment, outdoor games, photo booths, and more. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [11 a.m.] British artist Lucy Sparrow has transformed the second floor of the Standard in DTLA into Sparrow Mart a supermarket art wonderland fill with over 31,000 adorable felt-covered food replicas all for sale. Part art installation, store and loads of photo worthy moments, Sparrow Mart is free to attend on a first come first serve basis. FREE
5. [2 p.m.] The Hollywood Beer and Music Festival is coming to the Hollywood Event Lot featuring 60+ local and regional craft beers, live entertainment and eight food trucks. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [3 p.m.] Jackalope Arts is bringing a new night market to Pasadena on August 3-4 featuring a massive assortment of artisan vendors, free sunset yoga classes, acoustic music, DIY activities, and local food and drink, including a beer garden to sit back and enjoy the summer evenings. Happening at Old Pasadena’s Central Park. FREE
7. [4 p.m.] One of Burning Man’s most iconic art cars The Mayan Warrior will stop at Grand Park in DTLA August 4-5. The immersive light and sound experience is a ticketed event. All proceeds go towards funding the art car’s journey from Mexico City to Burning Man in August and Create Now, an organization fostering arts and education for youths.
8. [7 p.m.] Celebrate Los Angeles’ unique celestial beauty when the National Park Service’s Night Sky Festival returns to Paramount Ranch in Agoura Hills this Saturday. The free event will allow guests to observe the planets of our Milky Way Galaxy through telescopes, listen to Native American night sky stories, and enjoy kids’ activities, including the opportunity to become a Junior Ranger. FREE
9. [7 p.m.] KCRW’s Summer Nights for the first time will be held at the new KCRW headquarters this Saturday. The Backyard Party will have 18 piece band The Midnight Hour, Ali Shaheed Muhammed, Adrian Younge, KCRW DJs Garth Trinidad and Travis Holcombe performing. A selection of food trucks curated by KCRW’s Evan Kleiman will also be available, along with record collectors and dealers hand-selected by Beats Swap Meet. FREE
10. [8 p.m.] Flypoet is bringing its Summer Classic to the newly renovated Ford Theatre for another year of the most highly sought-after spoken word poets in the country. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
DEAL OF THE DAY: $10 tix to the LA County Fair opening weekend (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.