You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, August 6, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] ScareLA Summer Halloween Convention Returns on August 5 and 6 for various scare-related workshops, classes, panels, presentations, interactive experiences, mazes and more
2. [11 a.m.] The 5th annual Avocado Fest heads to Angel City Brewery in Downtown L.A. on August 5 and 6 for the ultimate celebration of the most popular green fruit in LA. The fest will feature avocado-themed contests, live mural painting, a crowd-participation mural, delicious food, live music an outdoor beer garden featuring the special release their popular Avocado Ale. FREE
3. [11 a.m.] The Long Beach Zine Fest is a one‐day event promoting all things in independent publishing. With 100+ writers, artists, photographers, activists, and DIY advocates on hand showcasing and selling their work, guests can browse through an extensive zine marketplace, enjoy live music and attend workshops and panel discussions. Held at the Museum of Latin Art. FREE
4. [11 a.m.] The Great Rock and Roll Flea Market will take over The Regent Theater in DTLA with an impressive selection of vintage collectors in clothing, music memorabilia, vinyl and more. The flea market is free to attend and open to all ages. FREE
5. [11 a.m.] Hidden inside Griffith Park is the Carolwood Barn also known as Walt Disney’s Barn a historic landmark, where some of Disney’s creations were invented. This Sunday the barn will host an open house, giving guests of all ages a chance to come and experience this local treasure. FREE
6. [noon] The BBQ and Craft Brews Festival comes to Pershing Square in Downtown L.A. on August 5 and 6. The two-day festival will serve beer from all seven Downtown L.A. breweries, along with tastings of the best BBQ in SoCal.
7. [3 p.m.] Grand Performances presents free musical performances in DTLA. This weekend the series continues with Peter & The Wolf . FREE
8. [7 p.m.] Shakespeare By The Sea returns with free performances for the summer. This Sunday they’ll be performing The Taming of the Shrew at Eisenhower Park in Seal Beach. While admission is free encourage donations to help support the play. FREE
9. [7 p.m.] Live Gypsy Jazz & Swing at Grand Central Market. FREE
10. [7 p.m.] KCRW’s World Festival at the Hollywood Bowl presents Scottish band Belle and Sebastian, Austin’s Spoon and Kristin Kontrol of the Dum Dum Girls new solo project to the iconic outdoor amphitheater.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $26 to see Live Magic at the Black Rabbit Rose
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.