You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, August 7, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [4 p.m.] Self Love + Love Spell Masterclass at the Museum of Broken Relationships.
2. [7 p.m.] JAM Session: Bollywood Dance at the Ford Theatres. FREE
3. [7 p.m.] F. Scott Fitzgerald Night! at Book Soup.
4. [7:30 p.m.] An Invisible History: Trailblazing Women of Animation at the Academy of Motion Pictures.
5. [7:30 p.m.] E.P. & L.P. presents ‘Melrose Rooftop Cinema’ in West Hollywood featuring sweeping city views, modern Asian cuisine and an outdoor movie experience every Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday evening through August 30. The series continues this week, starting with Back to The Future on Monday.
6. [7:30 p.m.] Penetrating Walls – Panel Discussion at the FM Gallery.
7. [8:30 p.m.] If You Build It LA at the UCB Sunset.
8. [10 p.m.] Monday Night Tease at Three Clubs. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [various] Dine LBC is Long Beach’s own city wide restaurant taking place August 5 through 13. Each participating restaurant will offer a three-course menu during lunch and dinner for a special price.
10. [various] The LA Shorts International Film Festival returns with over 200 films from around the world from August 2 to 10.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $27 tix for Cal Phil Sundays the Disney Concert Hall
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.