You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, August 9, 2016.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m] Check out Guillermo del Toro’s personal collection of macabre items are displayed at LACMA now till November 27.
2. [5:30 p.m.] Food truck night at the California Heritage Museum features a big selection of tasty food trucks (5:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.) FREE
3. [5:30 p.m.] Get a taste of Old Hollywood and sip on classic cocktails with the Historic Hollywood: Stars & Bars Gang as they recall Hollywood tales and history. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [7 p.m.] The Pool / Slow Hustle at The Main Stage at iO West Theater. (via Ticketfly)
5. [7:30 p.m.] Predicting the Unpredictable: The 2016 Elections at The Hammer Museum. FREE
6. [8 p.m.] Sweet Rose Creamery in Studio City is hosting free summer screenings every Tuesday. This week they will screen Clueless. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] Moonlight Movies on the Beach screenings take place at Granada Beach in Belmont Shore. This week it’s Zootopia. FREE
8. [8:30 p.m.] Slow Bang at the Ace Hotel Rooftop. FREE
9. [9 p.m.] Escape Room LA: The Alchemist. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [various] Free museums days at LACMA and The Autry.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $7 admission to the Original Lobster Festival in Long Beach (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.