You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, September 1, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [8 a.m.] Instantaneous Pet Service and Pan Pacific Park will host a summer Sunday Doggie Yoga Serieshighlighting pet fitness. Grab your fur baby, a mat, and water for a one hour yoga session. Coffee and snacks will be provided by Le Pain Quotidien. This is a donation based event.
2. [9:30 a.m.] Long Beach Comic Con August 31 to September 1 for two-days of cosplay, panels, a space expo, screenings, and a behind the scenes look at the comic industry. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [10 a.m.] Head to downtown Hermosa Beach for Fiesta Hermosa August 31 through September 2. One of the largest arts and crafts fairs in Southern California, explore hundreds of artists, enjoy live music, a beer & wine garden and more. FREE
4. [noon] The newly re-opened Music Center Plaza will transform into a giant backyard party with free family friendly activities, mini-golf, Drag Queen Story Hour, Mobile Mural Lab and more. There will also be a live simulcast of the Dodgers away game on the Plaza’s New 12’ x 20’ LED screens. The new restaurant Abernethy’s will also be offering bites through out the day for sale. The event is free to attend. FREE
5. [noon] Head over to Leimert Park on Monday for Afrofuturist Block Party put on by CAAM. Inspired by the work of Leimert Park–based artist Timothy Washington, whose work will be displayed on September 25 at CAAM, the day will include hands-on art workshops at the 11th Annual Leimert Park Village Heritage Festival. FREE
6. [noon] The 3rd Annual West Adams Block Party returns for a community block party presented by Delicious Pizza celebrating Labor Day Weekend with four live music stages, 30+ performers ranging from hip hop, reggae, soul, afrobeat, and cumbia, plus 50+ vendors selling food, clothing, art and more. FREE
7. [2 p.m.] Broad Fest is an annual free event celebrating arts and culture in Santa Monica. The family friendly festival taking place at The Eli & Edythe Broad Stage will have music, dancing, fun activities, and food. The musical lineup features DJ Anthony Valadez, Boogaloo Assassins, She Sings She Swings, and more. FREE
8. [4:30 p.m.] Golden Road Brewing hosts its third Made in LA Music and Arts Festival on Labor Day Weekend to celebrate Los Angeles’ best art, music, food, and California-inspired beer. The block party takes place August 31 to September 1 and features live performances from Phantom Planet, Donavon Frankenreiter, Lematire, Pell, and Lauren Ruth Ward.
9. [6 p.m.] West Adams Avenues Jazz and Music Festival (August 30-September 1) offers three nights of music including jazz, blues, funk and more, as well as activities, arts and crafts, and food trucks. FREE
10. [7:30 p.m.] The L.A. Times hosts its 10th Annual The Taste celebrating Southern California’s culinary scene August 30 through September 1. Curated by the Times’ Food Staff, there will be unlimited tastings from regional restaurants, wine, beer, and cocktails, plus access to cooking demonstrations.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $7 tix to Long Beach Comic Con (via Goldstar)