You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, September 16, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The California Vegetarian Food Festival returns to Raleigh Studios in Hollywood on Sept. 16- 17 with animal friendly eats, speakers, and entertainment. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. [11 a.m.] 5th Annual Long Beach Folk Revival Festival heads to Rainbow Lagoon Park for a day of 17 folk and roots acts, local beers and food trucks, a mustache/beard contest, a Polly’s Pies pie-eating contest, a kid-friendly pumpkin patch and more.
3. [noon] Angel City Brewery’s Saaztoberfest, a new spin on Oktoberfest, is coming on September 16 and 17 with the launch of their new SazzBerry brew. S
4. [noon] The L.A. Public Library will host a free party this Saturday for a new Oaxacan art exhibition titled Visualizing Language: Oaxaca in L.A., an exhibition celebrating the rich social fabric of Los Angeles through the lens of our city’s vibrant Oaxacan community. FREE
5. [2 p.m.] The Open Arts & Music Festival returns to Downtown Glendale with music from Run River North and DUCKWRTH plus craft beers, kiddie fun, $1 vinyl, and more. FREE
6. [2 p.m.] The 15th annual Tarfest is back for 2017 with a FREE showcase of music, dance, live artwork, a biergarten and wine Bar,and installations, all at the iconic La Brea Tar Pits. FREE
7. [4 p.m.] Get a taste of Downey during the Downey International Food & Music Festival. There will be live entertainment, a beer & wine garden, festival attractions and plenty of grub from local restaurants, food trucks and more. There will be an outdoor movie screening in the evening as well.
8. [4 p.m.] The 2nd Annual Monrovia Station Beer, Wine & Music Festival heads to Station Square Park in Monrovia for a fun filled day of brews, vino and tunes. Sample over 30+ beers and wine, participating vendors include: Modern Times, Hop Secret, Wine of the Month Club members and more.
9. [8 p.m.] The Hammer Museum is kicking off their Radical Women exhibition with a late-night party this Saturday. Radical Women: Latin American Art, 1960–1985 will highlight over 100 exceptional Latin American women artists from 15 countries. This event is free, open to the public and part of Pacific Standard Time: LA/LA. FREE
10. [various] Los Angeles Anime Film Festival celebrates 100 years of anime films during its three-day event September 15-17 at Regal Cinemas L.A. LIVE.
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.