You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, September 17, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The California Vegetarian Food Festival returns to Raleigh Studios in Hollywood on Sept. 16- 17 with animal friendly eats, speakers, and entertainment. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. [10 a.m.] The LA County Fair takes over the Fairplex in Pomona from Sep. 1-24 with fair-style foods, live musical performances, carnival-style games, rides, and unique attractions such as an expanded farm section (over five acres) featuring tons of interactive agricultural experiences for guests to enjoy. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [noon] Angel City Brewery’s Saaztoberfest, a new spin on Oktoberfest, is coming on September 16 and 17 with the launch of their new SazzBerry brew.
4. [noon] There’s an opening reception for Afro-Cuban painter Harmonia Rosales known for her re-imaging of Michelangelo’s “The Creation of Adam,” replacing Adam and God as black women. FREE
5. [1 p.m.] Find out what’s good to drink in the DTLA Arts District during Art Share L.A.’s bar crawl. This community event will kick off at Art Share L.A., where guests can enjoy a vodka tasting. Attendees will then move onto additional participating bars and restaurants including Bar 82, Angel City Brewery, Edibol and more.
6. [2 p.m.] The Central Library in Glendale is hosting a conversation between Bill Esparza and Gustavo Arellano. Esparza is an acclaimed food journalist who has covered L.A.’s Mexican-food culture including profiles of local chefs and vendors, neighborhood guides and traditional and modern recipes. FREE
7. [2 p.m.] Love house music? Head to Sunday Sessions Gets Deep in Grand Park to celebrate DEEP-LA. Hear sets from three DEEP-LA DJs, hang out at the 21+ Cocktail Garden and bid adieu to summer. This event is open to all ages. FREE
8. [5 p.m.] . Get a tasty history of the soda fountain when Vintage Ice Cream Man Cary Farnsworth brings his illustrated presentation to the Egyptian in Hollywood. The presentation will be followed by silent classic SPEEDY. The event also includes an ice cream social in the courtyard!
9. [various] As part of the launch for Pacific Standard Time: LA/LA over 50 SoCal museums will offer free admission this Sunday!
10. [various] Los Angeles Anime Film Festival celebrates 100 years of anime films during its three-day event September 15-17 at Regal Cinemas L.A. LIVE.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $8 tix to Time Out L.A.’s Battle of the Burger
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.