You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, September 16, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [1 p.m.] Photo production company for the stars The Scenario Studio brings their mind-blowing professional sets to Grand Central Market for the public to experience from September 7 through November 4. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [5 p.m.] Classic Anime Festival hosted by Azure Lorica at the Sunland Tujunga Branch of the Los Angeles Public Library. FREE
5. [7:30 p.m.] E.P. & L.P. along with Melrose Rooftop Theatre will host the 2nd annual Art Women Art Week series from September 15 – 21. The weeklong female-forward series is dedicated to highlighting women in the creative arts with a line-up of talks with female entrepreneurs, actors, producers & screenwriters paired with a curated movie screening.
6. [7:30 p.m.] Astronomy on Tap hosted by Caltech Astronomy happens once a month at Der Wolf in Pasadena. Professionals will give informal talks about a variety of topics while enjoying German beers with the public.
7. [8 p.m.] An Evening with Ben Folds in conversation at The Regent Theater.
8. [8 p.m.] An Evening with Malcolm Gladwell presented by Live Talks Los Angeles at the Robert Frost Auditorium in Culver City.
9. [8:30 p.m.] In the Weeds: Industry DJ Night at the Ace Hotel Rooftop Bar.
10. [various] Tim Burton dazzled us with “The Nightmare Before Christmas” 26 years ago and from September 12 through 25 The El Capitan in Hollywood will screen the beloved movie in 3D with interactive 4D sensory effects. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $12.50 tix to the L.A. County Fair (via Goldstar)