You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, September 17, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] 260LA is hosting a Sandro sample sale September 17-22. Score deals on the French labels mens and women’s ready-to-wear, shoes and accessories .
2. [noon] Burger maestro Chris Kronner (Oakland’s KronnerBurger) comes to SoCal for a special pop-up at Alcove in Los Feliz on Tuesday. A three-item KronnerBurger menu will be paired with Deep Eddy Vodka cocktail specials.
3. [1 p.m.] Photo production company for the stars The Scenario Studio brings their mind-blowing professional sets to Grand Central Market for the public to experience from September 7 through November 4. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [5 p.m.]The Santa Monica Conservancy will host an open house at the Preservation Resource Center during Food Truck Tuesday happening at the California Heritage Museum lot. During the event conservancy docents will offer free tours of the 1897 Shotgun House, the last intact one in Santa Monica.
5. [6 p.m.] Two Bit Circus is hosting a Beta Night allowing guests to play and test out new games for free, all they want is your feedback in exchange. FREE
6. [6 p.m.] Head to Golden Road Brewery for Drag Queen Bingo inside the illusive Chloe’s Speakeasy.
7. [7:30 p.m.] E.P. & L.P. along with Melrose Rooftop Theatre will host the 2nd annual Art Women Art Week series from September 15 – 21. The weeklong female-forward series is dedicated to highlighting women in the creative arts with a line-up of talks with female entrepreneurs, actors, producers & screenwriters paired with a curated movie screening.
9. [various] UNIDENTIFIED LANDED OBJECT (“ULO”) opens at ROW DTLA for an otherworldly experience where an adaptation of the installation Light Leaks by technology artist Kyle McDonald and Jonas Jongejan, Creative Technologist at Google Creative Lab can be experienced. Visitors will be pulled into an optical illusion of millions of flickering reflections that dance off of mirror balls hitting every inch of the space. ULO will run Tuesdays through Sunday until September 28.
10. [various] Tim Burton dazzled us with “The Nightmare Before Christmas” 26 years ago and from September 12 through 25 The El Capitan in Hollywood will screen the beloved movie in 3D with interactive 4D sensory effects. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $12.50 tix to the L.A. County Fair (via Goldstar)