You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, September 20, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon] The LA County Fair takes over the Fairplex in Pomona from Sept. 1 to 24 with fair-style foods, live musical performances, carnival-style games, rides, and unique attractions such as an expanded farm section (over five acres) featuring tons of interactive agricultural experiences for guests to enjoy. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. [6 p.m.] Last Pacific Wheel Light Program of the summer 2017.
3. [6 p.m.] . FLIX at FIG screens Bring it On at FIGat7th in DTLA. The free movie screening happens every third Wednesday of the month. A live DJ and happy hour kicks off the night at 6 p.m. and the film begins at 7 p.m. FREE
4. [7 p.m.] The Super Serious Show is a comedy event produced by CleftClips featuring both established and up-and-coming talent performing an array of stand-up, sketch and musical comedy. Happening at The Virgil.
5. [7 p.m.] Every first and third Wednesday of the month, BEAR CITY brings free comedy and free pizza to Que Sera in Long Beach! FREE
6. [7 p.m.] Get some laughs in this Wednesday with Boss Jr. and their team of hilarious improvisers. Bonus they also give out free baked goods! Happening at UCB Sunset.
7. [7:30 p.m.] Beta Main located in Downtown Los Angeles will host an evening of poetry, music, and zines that celebrate Los Angeles’s Chicana community in conjunction with Beta Main’s current exhibition, Star Montana: I Dream of Los Angeles. FREE
8. [7:30 p.m.] Art Battle returns to Los Angeles in DTLA for a night of live competitive painting between 16 artist and a live DJ taking place at Exchange LA.
9. [8 p.m.] Horse Thief BBQ will screen E.T. on their Grand Central Market patio this Wednesday. FREE
10. [various] Pacific Standard Time LA/LA is in full swing with a four-month-long exploration of Latin American and Latino art in relation to the City of Angels. Led by The Getty the high profile event is a collaborative effort with dozens of art institutions across the city. Check out our top highlights here.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $30 tix to see The Shins at The Greek Theatre
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.