You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, September 21, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] Man’s best friend finally has an art exhibit made just for them! dOGUMENTA LA is a free, dog-friendly art show hosted over two consecutive weekends (September 14-16 & 21-23) at FIGat7th in Downtown L.A. FREE
2. [noon] The LA County Fair at the Pomona Fairplex hosts an enormous assortment of activities, musical performances, carnival style food and more. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [2 p.m.] Shake off the dust of Burning Man at Venice Afterburn, a 3-day long event (September 21-23) showcasing the art, installations, mutant vehicles, and everything else we know and love about Burning Man, right in Venice Beach. FREE
4. [5 p.m.] Pasadena Greek Fest Taste will have guests enjoying authentic food, live Greek music and dancing in a family friendly setting September 21-23.
5. [6 p.m.] Get up close and personal with sharks at the Aquarium of the Pacific during Shark Lagoon Nights. Guests will have the opportunity to touch bamboo sharks and view large sharks in an after hours setting.
6. [6 p.m.] Alpine Village Oktoberfest celebrates 50 years! The fun kicks off this Friday with traditional Bavarian fun like Oom Pah Pah party bands, German fare, and delicious cold German beers. Oktoberfest runs Fridays and Saturdays September 7 through October 27.
7. [7 p.m.] Alcove | Big Bar welcomes the arrival of Autumn with a special silent disco party spanning the main garden patio. The shindig will feature a lillet spritz and flower bouquet bar, a beer garden on the south patio complete with giant lawn games, plus Absolut Elyx punches and bottled cocktails created by own bar manager Cari Hah in copper disco punch bowls. FREE
8. [7 p.m.] Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios.
9. [midnight] There’s a midnight showing of Hedwig And The Angry Inch at the Landmark Nuart Theatre on the westside this Friday.
10. [various] The LA Film Festival returns Sep. 20-28 better than ever ,showcasing award-winning films from around the globe, a VR experience, shorts, web series, talks and more.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $55 tix to Universal Studios Hollywood Horror Nights (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.