You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, September 22, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The 3rd annual Nerdbot-Con is returning to the Pasadena Convention Center for a day of cosplay, nerd, gamer and superhero appreciation.
2. [10 a.m.] The Valley Urban Market an open-air, family-friendly, food experience will grand open at the Sportsman’s Lodge parking lot in Studio City this Saturday.
3. [11 a.m.] Enjoy free play of classic arcade games from the 70’s-90’s during Union Station’s Retrocade Experience happening September 22-23.
4. [11 a.m.] Man’s best friend finally has an art exhibit made just for them! dOGUMENTA LA is a free, dog-friendly art show hosted over two consecutive weekends (September 14-16 & 21-23) at FIGat7th in Downtown L.A. FREE
5. [noon] Shake off the dust of Burning Man at Venice Afterburn, a 3-day long event (September 21-23) showcasing the art, installations, mutant vehicles, and everything else we know and love about Burning Man, right in Venice Beach. FREE
6. [1 p.m.] The 16th annual Tarfest is back for 2018 with a free showcase of music, dance, live artwork, a biergarten and wine bar, all at the iconic La Brea Tar Pits park. FREE
7. [3 p.m.] Record label 88rising presents Head in the Clouds Music & Arts Festival featuring contemporary artists in hip-hop, R&B and alternative music, including Joji, Keith Ape, Rich Brian and more performing at Los Angeles State Historic Park.
8. [4 p.m.] Opera at the Beach presents ‘Don Carlo’ at the Santa Monica Pier. Grab your chairs and blankets to enjoy a picnic while a live broadcast of the opera gets screened on the pier. FREE
9. [4 p.m.] The 11th Frogtown Artwalk takes place along the Los Angeles River featuring pop-up galleries, artists’ studios, musical performances, food and art installations. FREE
10. [7 p.m.] Head over to The Autry on September 22-23 to enjoy the tunes of Tin Pan Alley and Broadway! Musicians Cindy Miller and Alan Jones join music historian Michael Lasser to deliver a specially crafted experience exploring the American West through both songs and storytelling.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $55 tix to Universal Studios Hollywood Horror Nights (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.