You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, September 23, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] Get your stretch alongside some adorable dogs during Dog Yoga at The Dog Cafe. Yoga will be led by instructor Melissa Burton and will be followed by play time with pups and refreshments.
2. [10 a.m.] Celebrate the 8th day of the 15th lunar month in 2018 at the Moon Festival & Gourmet Food Fair in Temple City September 22-23. Enjoy a night market offering gourmet food, a lantern festival, merchant booths, and a range of activities and attractions, with live stage performances. FREE
3. [11 a.m.] Enjoy free play of classic arcade games from the 70’s-90’s during Union Station’s Retrocade Experience happening September 22-23.
4. [11 a.m.] Man’s best friend finally has an art exhibit made just for them! dOGUMENTA LA is a free, dog-friendly art show hosted over two consecutive weekends (September 14-16 & 21-23) at FIGat7th in Downtown L.A. FREE
5. [11 a.m.] Family Flicks Film Series at The Hammer will screen The NeverEnding Story this Sunday. FREE
6. [noon] Shake off the dust of Burning Man at Venice Afterburn, a 3-day long event (September 21-23) showcasing the art, installations, mutant vehicles, and everything else we know and love about Burning Man, right in Venice Beach. FREE
7. [noon] Pasadena Greek Fest Taste will have guests enjoying authentic food, live Greek music and dancing in a family friendly setting September 21-23.
8. [2 p.m.] Head over to The Autry on September 22-23 to enjoy the tunes of Tin Pan Alley and Broadway! Musicians Cindy Miller and Alan Jones join music historian Michael Lasser to deliver a specially crafted experience exploring the American West through both songs and storytelling.
9. [7 p.m.] Sunday is Jazz Night at Grand Central Market in DTLA. Roll Call Quartet will be providing the sounds performing a variety of Be-Bop and Post-Bop Jazz arrangements on the Hill Street Platform. FREE
10. [7 p.m.] KCRW’s World Festival comes to a close this Sunday at the Hollywood Bowl with Grizzly Bear and TV On The Radio.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $55 tix to Universal Studios Hollywood Horror Nights (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.