You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, September 27, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9:30 a.m.] Whether you’re interested in the most recent technological developments or just want to dip your toes into the market, you’ll find something to discover at TechDay LA, a startup series, now in its fourth year, that showcases the newest products and services from startups around the country.
2. [6 p.m.] The Pop Art Photo Show happening Sep. 27-30 , at Barker Hangar in Santa Monica., will feature a plethora of rare movie and music posters (including a French Casablanca advertisement, one of the few remaining in the world), pop art prints, photos, and much more. Check for discounted tickets on select days. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [6 p.m.] The seventh annual Sunset & Dine food festival will feature 20+ restaurants, beer, wine and entertainment curated by Amoeba Music. Happening at Columbia Square in Hollywood.
4. [6:30 p.m.] Kick off 2018 L.A. Fashion Week at The Bloc shopping center in Downtown.
5. [7 p.m.] The Queen Mary’s Dark Harbor will transform into a seaport of the damned for the Halloween season with terrifying mazes and monsters at every turn. Happening Thursdays and through Sundays through Nov. 2.
6. [7 p.m.] The LA Phil’s California Soul kicks off a new season at the Disney Concert Hall with a gala celebration of Golden State creativity.
7. [7 p.m.] On Thursday LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes hosts a screening of the documentary Beyond Borders a documentary focused on why Mexican citizens immigrate to America, and the ways they still connect with their families and original homes. The showing will also include a panel of speakers. FREE
8. [7:30 p.m.] Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me! live at the Greek Theatre.
9. [9 p.m.] Married British-American comedy duo We Are Thomasse returns to Second City Hollywood this Thursday for a 45 minute live show of their quirky, fast-paced sketches.
10. [various] Free museum days: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center (noon to 5 p.m.), Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.)and USC Pacific Asian Museum (5 to 8 p.m.)
DEAL OF THE DAY: $60 tix to Universal Studios Hollywood Horror Nights (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.