You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, September 3, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [8:30 a.m.] L.A. Fleet Week is back from August 31-September 3. Hosted at Los Angeles Cruise Terminal in San Pedro the event will feature various military ships, guided tours, military demonstrations, live entertainment, aerial demonstrations and more. Plenty of venues will also be participating including Cabrillo Marine Aquarium, CRAFTED at the Port of Los Angeles, and 22nd Street Park. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] Head to downtown Hermosa Beach for Fiesta Hermosa Sep. 1-3 for one of the largest arts and crafts fairs in Southern California. Hosting over 300 artists, expect live music, a beer & wine garden and a kiddie carnival to entertain all day long. FREE
3. [10 a.m.] The L.A. County Fair returns to Pomona for a enormous assortment of activities, musical performances, food and beverage offerings, and more. The fair runs through September 23. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [10 a.m.] Spend Labor Day with family during the inaugural family-friendly music, arts, and kids activity festival: Littlepalooza happening in Long Beach.
5. [11 a.m.] Join L.A. Conservancy on National Skyscraper Day as they host a special Modern Skyline walking tour. Get to know the skyscrapers that helped shape DTLA’s epic skyline and hear fascinating stories about Bunker Hill while exploring some of L.A.’s newest landmarks.
6. [noon] 68th Annual Long Beach Greek Festival is back this Labor Day weekend (Sep 1-3) with authentic Greek food, music and lots of dancing. FREE
7. [1 p.m.] Head over to Leimert Park on Monday for Refuge Block Party, a celebration of the endurance of people who live on the streets. Organized by The California African American Museum, the event will feature music, live performances, and food trucks. Care packets will also be given out to people in need.
8. [2 p.m.] California Sol – Rooftop Day Party at Ace Hotel in Downtown Los Angeles.
9. [3 p.m.] Esters hosts happy hour all-night on Mondays and that includes this Labor Day! From 3 p.m. to close, guests can take advantage of $9 glasses of house wine, burrata crostini for $7, half a dozen oysters for $18, and more.
10. [7 p.m.] Stand Pup Comedy @The Dog Cafe LA.
DEAL OF THE DAY: 3.75 tix to Long Beach Lobster Festival (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.