You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, September 2, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [8:30 a.m.] L.A. Fleet Week is back from August 31-September 3. Hosted at Los Angeles Cruise Terminal in San Pedro the event will feature various military ships, guided tours, military demonstrations, live entertainment, aerial demonstrations and more. Plenty of venues will also be participating including Cabrillo Marine Aquarium, CRAFTED at the Port of Los Angeles, and 22nd Street Park. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] Head to downtown Hermosa Beach for Fiesta Hermosa Sep. 1-3 for one of the largest arts and crafts fairs in Southern California. Hosting over 300 artists, expect live music, a beer & wine garden and a kiddie carnival to entertain all day long. FREE
3. [10 a.m.] The L.A. County Fair returns to Pomona for a enormous assortment of activities, musical performances, food and beverage offerings, and more. The fair runs through September 23. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [noon] 68th Annual Long Beach Greek Festival is back this Labor Day weekend (Sep 1-3) with authentic Greek food, music and lots of dancing. FREE
5. [2 p.m.] Head over to The Eli and Edythe Broad Stage in Santa Monica on Sunday for Broad Fest, a free live entertainment event for the whole family. Live music will be played on the stage throughout the day. Fun activities for both kids and adults will be provided, with sweets, snacks, and food available for purchase. FREE
6. [3 p.m.] Vegan Street Fair Sep. 1-2 returns to Los Angeles for 2018 with a plethora of vegan-friendly eats and vendors, including Evolution Burger, Charlie’s Brownies, Donut Friend and much more. The fair will also include games, live entertainment and karaoke.
7. [3 p.m.] The 2nd Annual Jamaican JerkFest and Dancehall Party comes to Union Nightclub in Arlington Heights this Sunday. Enjoy authentic Jamaican cuisine, drink rum punch, and dance to pulsating dancehall music and live Jamaican rhythms from genres like ska, reggae, and lovers rock. Free admission.
8. [5 p.m.] Golden Road Brewing’s Made in LA Festival, is two-days of music and arts celebrating Los Angeles with acts like Saint Motel, Dorothy, and Mondo Cozmo set to perform.
9. [6 p.m.] West Adams Avenues Jazz and Music Festival is three nights of music including jazz, blues, funk and more, as well as activities, arts and crafts, and food trucks. FREE
10. [6 p.m.] The historic Alex Theatre in Glendale will be celebrating its 93rd birthday with a free all ages community event that includes music, specialty cocktails, food, raffles, and tours of the theatre. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: 3.75 tix to Long Beach Lobster Festival (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.