You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, September 1, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [8:30 a.m.] L.A. Fleet Week is back from August 31-September 3. Hosted at Los Angeles Cruise Terminal in San Pedro the event will feature various military ships, guided tours, military demonstrations, live entertainment, aerial demonstrations and more. Plenty of venues will also be participating including Cabrillo Marine Aquarium, CRAFTED at the Port of Los Angeles, and 22nd Street Park. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] Head to downtown Hermosa Beach for Fiesta Hermosa Sep. 1-3 for one of the largest arts and crafts fairs in Southern California. Hosting over 300 artists, expect live music, a beer & wine garden and a kiddie carnival to entertain all day long. FREE
3. [10 a.m.] The L.A. County Fair returns to Pomona for a enormous assortment of activities, musical performances, food and beverage offerings, and more. The fair runs through September 23. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [10 a.m.] Wei Mountain Temple in Rosemead will host The 10,000 Buddha Relics Collection Exhibit from September 1-3. The exhibit will feature the sacred bones of Shakyamuni Buddha as well as tens of thousands of brightly colored crystals known as shariras.
5. [noon] 68th Annual Long Beach Greek Festival is back this Labor Day weekend (Sep 1-3) with authentic Greek food, music and lots of dancing. FREE
6. [3 p.m.] Vegan Street Fair Sep. 1-2 returns to Los Angeles for 2018 with a plethora of vegan-friendly eats and vendors, including Evolution Burger, Charlie’s Brownies, Donut Friend and much more. The fair will also include games, live entertainment and karaoke.
7. [5 p.m.] Golden Road Brewing’s Made in LA Festival, is two-days of music and arts celebrating Los Angeles with acts like Saint Motel, Dorothy, and Mondo Cozmo set to perform.
8. [6 p.m.] West Adams Avenues Jazz and Music Festival is three nights of music including jazz, blues, funk and more, as well as activities, arts and crafts, and food trucks. FREE
9. [7 p.m.] Local Mexican-American band La Santa Cecilia will close out Pop Saturdays, a summer series of free concerts taking place at Marina del Rey’s Burton Chace Park. FREE
10. [7:30 p.m.] L.A. Times The Taste returns to Paramount Studios (August 31 to September 2) with tastings from some of the best chefs in Los Angeles selected by The Time and demos, pop-ups and chef experiences.
DEAL OF THE DAY: This Labor Day, rent the car you need on Getaround—the carsharing app with a variety of cars nearby. Book hourly or daily and unlock through your phone! Go to get.co/dd253 for $25 off your first trip.
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.