You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, September 30, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] Enjoy the Los Angeles streets with no cars during Celebrate LA, an eight-mile street party featuring live music, games, and a free Hollywood Bowl concert.
2. [10 a.m.] Come celebrate culture, jazz and community during the 42nd annual Simon Rodia Watts Towers Jazz Festival. Presented by DCA and Friends of Watts Towers Arts Center, the event will feature jazz performances, tours of the famed Watts Towers, art gallery tours, and more. FREE
3. [10 a.m.] L.A. favorite Abbot Kinney Festival returns in 2018 for another day-long celebration featuring live music, food, rides, and over 300 vendors.
4. [11 a.m.] Sweets fans will want to spend a day indulging in a plethora of chocolate samples during the Los Angeles Chocolate Salon. Check for discounted tickets on select days. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [11 a.m.] The Pop Art Photo Show happening Sep. 27-30 , at Barker Hangar in Santa Monica., will feature a plethora of rare movie and music posters (including a French Casablanca advertisement, one of the few remaining in the world), pop art prints, photos, and much more. Check for discounted tickets on select days. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [11 a.m.] KCRW’s Music Tastes Good event returns to Long Beach’s Marina Green Park on September 29-30, bringing a massive combination of carefully curated food from around the U.S. and an amazing music line up. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [11 a.m.] Celebrate the Jewish holiday of Sukkot at Skirball Cultural Center with this year’s Harvest Festival. Guests will get the chance to enjoy live music and dancing, a socially conscious market, art activities, craft beer and a wide assortment of other offerings. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar).
8. [11:30 a.m.] Oktoberfest returns to Santa Anita Park for two days of Bavarian beer tastings, stein drinking, live music, dancing, and all that comes with this German themed celebration.
9. [7 p.m.] Sunday is Jazz Night at Grand Central Market in DTLA. The Vignes Rooftop Revival will be providing the sounds over on the Hill Street Platform. FREE
10. [7:30 p.m.] A massive light installation will cover the Walt Disney Concert Hall as part of the LA Philharmonic’s centennial kickoff celebration. The installation projects images from the past and possibly the future of the concert hall, titled ‘WDCH Dreams.‘ Free to view starting at 7:30 p.m., and running from September 28 through October 6.
DEAL OF THE DAY: Use promo code PROST18 to save $10 tickets for Oktoberfest at Santa Anita Park, including horse racing, live music, and a traditional beer hall, all taking place September 29-30 and October 6-7. (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.