Los Angeles provides no limit of things to do, some awesome and some not so awesome. Since time is precious in this fast paced city, we decided to curate a list of things to do in Los Angeles every week end that’ll help you decide how you want to spend your limited supply of attention (not to mention dollars!).
This Veterans Day weekend (Nov. 11 to Nov. 13) includes Full Moon Bazaar, Sleepless at The Music Center, the LA Beer Fest, a Bob Ross tribute party, Inglewood Open Studios, the California Vegetarian Food Fest, and LOTS more to choose from.
Also remember you can always go to our L.A. events calendar page to get an updated rundown of what’s happening around the city.
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
Friday November 11th, 2016
1. The annual AFI FEST returns to Hollywood for 2016 with an eight-day run featuring over 120 films, including three world premieres and four additional highly anticipated films. Happening Nov. 10 through 17.
2. The Music Center’s signature late-night party SLEEPLESS is back in November for a wistful night of dream-inspired soundscapes, video installations and multi-media performances.
3. Full Moon Bazaar’s monthly party taking place at SkyBar in the Mondrian allows guests to peruse through pop up shops from coveted brands in a low key party environment with live music and a DJ. FREE
4. Have a sleepover on the USS Iowa and be part of the only civilian group ever to do so! Climb aboard and spend the night exploring the warship and meeting with veterans the next morning during breakfast.
5. The Completely Different Late Show performed by the cast of the Groundlings’ Main Company will have you crying tears of laughter this Friday night. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. Largest outdoor ice skating rink returns to Pershing Square for its 19th winter run. The 7,200 square-foot Holiday Ice Rink® Pershing Square will be open every day of the holiday season through Jan. 16.
7. The Eli and Edythe Broad Stage in Santa Monica presents a National Geographic Live series called Mankind to Mars with National Geographic with science writer/broadcaster and moderator, Andrew Fazekas on Nov. 10 and 11.
8. Picture This! L.A.’s only live animated comedy show is back with a FREE show at The Virgil. FREE
9. Every Friday of November, Greenbar Distillery in Downtown Los Angeles will host cocktail classes featuring seasonal, holiday and prohibition era drinks. This weeks theme is Prohibition Era Cocktails.
10. The Pasadena Heritage Craftsman Weekend is back Nov. 10 through 13. Enjoy various workshops, house tours, silent auctions, lectures and more throughout the city.
11. Start your weekend off by participating in one of the best scavenger hunt events in the city: The Amazing L.A. Race. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
12. Red Bull Sound Select return for 30 Days in LA, a month-long series of events featuring concert, dance parties, movie nights and more. Tickets are still available on select days check out the line up and schedules here.
13. See Doctor Strange in 3D at Hollywood’s El Capitan Theatre all weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
14. A+D Architecture and Design Museum will screen “Eero Saarinen: The Architect Who Saw the Future,” followed by a Q&A with Eric Saarinen on Nov. 11 and Nov. 12.
15. On Fridays Royce’s Arcade Warehouse hosts ‘Threeplay Fridays’ from 4 to 7 p.m. For $3 you get three hours of unlimited play of games such as Donkey Kong, Street Fighter 2, Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga and many more.
16. Back for its 7th year, Wicked Lit is a spooky immersive theatre experience that takes classic horror literature and turns them into plays at the Mountain View Mausoleum & Cemetery this Thursday through Sunday.
17. Gilt City Los Angeles is having one of their blow out sample sales this Friday with up to 80% off brands like Sandro, Maje, The Kooples,Tom Ford, Paul Smith and John Varvatos with special access to the Miansai accessories sample sale.
18. ICE at Santa Monica is back! Get into the winter spirit by going ice skating, sip on hot chocolate and listening to festive tunes. Happening now till Jan. 16, 2017.
19. Pacific Media Expo 2016 has cosplay, anime, fashion, and music under one roof. It’s a hodgepodge of all things Asian culture. Happening at the Pasadena Convention Center. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
20. Adelyn Rae will be having a sample sale Nov. 10 through 13 with styles starting at just $10.
21. The Virus: An Immersive Escape Room Experience happening throughout the weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
22. The Norton Simon Museum presents a series of French Film Noirs from the 1950s and ‘60s. This week they will screen Rififi (1955). Doors open at 5 p.m. Films are free with admission. All films are screened with English subtitles.
Saturday November 12th, 2016
24. The Electric Dusk Drive-In is back at a new location on Fletcher Street at the LACCD Van De Kamp college campus complete with an astroturf outdoor seating area. This weekend they will screen E.T. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
25. The fall edition of the LA Beer Fest comes to LA Center Studios this Saturday with some 200 beer choices to sample plus food trucks, live music, DJs, and more.
26. The 10th Annual Inglewood Open Studios (Nov. 12-13) will celebrate its 10th year this weekend. The two-day art walk will shine a light on some of the artists of Inglewood. FREE
27. East Side Babylon is a four hour tour devoted to haunting crime stories from the east side of the L.A. River. You’ll visit Boyle Heights, L.A.’s oldest cemetery and Commerce where hideous 20th century crime tales will be unfolded by the crime historians of the Esotouric Bus Adventures. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
28. George Takei’s award-winning play Allegiance is based on Takei’s true-life experience from his time in internment camps during WWII and his rise to fame from his role as Sulu in Star Trek. The play stars Takei himself. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
29. The Jackalope Arts & Crafts Fair is a two day event in Pasadena’s Central Park featuring local artisans and crafters. FREE
30. The National Park Service will hosts the Third Annual Bird Festival in the Santa Monica Mountains. FREE
31. LACMA’s Film department presents Fuel for Nightmares, a curated film series based on Guillermo del Toro’s favorite films. This week Pacific Rim will be screened.
32. WISHLIST, Gabba Gallery’s annual holiday show is happening this Saturday. Now in its fourth year, the event is a great show for folks getting into art. Nothing will be priced over $1000 and artwork will be from 75 local and international artists.
33. Anthony Jeslnik and some very special guest will be doing stand-up at L.A.’s legendary Comedy Store on the Sunset Strip this Saturday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
34. The Giant Robot Store is hosting a opening reception for Pop Soups Totoro Mash Up this Saturday. FREE
35. The Altadena Library will host a workshop on California native plant horticulture, for beginners. FREE
36. The Alchemist’s Lab is an escape room experience putting you right in the shoes of a junior detective at Scotland Yard in the 19th century. Happening all weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
Sunday November 13th, 2016
37. There’s a Bob Ross Tribute Festival coming to Angel City Brewery this Sunday! The event will include a Bob Ross lookalike Contest, live painting of “happy little trees”, a Bob Ross inspired dance troupe and more. Bob Ross costumes are obviously strongly encouraged. FREE
38. The 17th Annual Japanese Food Festival lands at the Hilton in Universal City this Sunday with AYCE food samples, a ramen fair and unlimited Japanese alcohol.
39. Seth MacFarlane, the man behind Family Guy and one-time Oscar host, is back at it again hosting a The Grove Christmas holiday show which will culminate in the annual lighting of The Grove’s Christmas tree. FREE
40. The inaugural California Vegetarian Food Festival heads to Raleigh Studios this Sunday for a day of food tastings, speaking, demos and an Innovation Pavilion showcasing animal-free versions of animal products such as meat, dairy, eggs and leather. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
41. The Long Beach Patchwork Show, a festival of makers and unique craft works, comes to Marine Stadium Park this Sunday starting at 11 a.m.
42. Six L.A. culinary masterminds will gather at the Skirball Cultural Center for L.A. Food Studios a day of cooking demos, q&a and food tastings. Chefs include Kwang Uh of Baroo, Wes Avila of Guerrilla Tacos and more!
43. Esters Wine Shop & Bar in Santa Monica is hosting a “Feast Friendly Wine Tasting” to help people look for the perfect pairing to go with their Thanksgiving turkey. The tasting cost $25 and runs between 3 to 6 p.m.
44. The NASA’s Pavilion sound experience is now of view at The Huntington Library. A “soundscape” experience that represents the movement of the International Space Station and 19 Earth Science satellites the shell like sculpture emits sounds each interpreting one of the satellites’ missions. Open to the public till Feb. 27, 2017.
45. There’s a African Dance Session this Sunday led by instructor Sarah Marshall for free at The Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts. The class will be accompanied by live drummers. All ages and levels are welcome, RSVP is not required. FREE
46. Free admission days this Sunday for: Museum of Latin American Art, Craft and Folk Art Museum (pay what you can) and Pacific Asia Museum
Want to get our to-do lists straight to your inbox every week? Sign up for our email program.
Have an upcoming event you’d like suggest for listing? Drop us a line at [email protected].