Los Angeles provides no limit of things to do, some awesome and some not so awesome.
Since time is precious in this fast paced city, we decided to curate a list of things to do in Los Angeles every week end that’ll help you decide how you want to spend your limited supply of attention (not to mention dollars!).
This weekend (June 2-4) includes a Venice Pride Block Party, National Trails Day, Monrovia Music Fest, Wonder Woman Day, the annual L.A. River Ride, and MUCH more.
Also remember you can always go to our L.A. events calendar page to get an updated rundown of what’s happening around the city.
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
Friday June 2nd, 2017
1. Get ready for another round of unlimited pancakes, live music, booze and over 150 artist showing off their work during the Pancakes & Booze Art Show. Happening June 2 to 3 at LOT 613 in Downtown Los Angeles.
2. The Interactive, Immersive and Innovative Public Arts Festival hosts over 30 artists, allowing them to engage and exhibit their most imaginative works. The festival will take place at three separate locations throughout DTLA, including the launch of Grand Performances for 2017 featuring William Close and the Earth Harp Collective.
3. The Pasadena Museum of Art will celebrate their 15th birthday with a special extended Free First Friday. Events to include six different talks spotlighting artists like Kenny Scharf, tasty baked goods, wine and beer, music from the Astral Plane DJ team, Red Hen Press book readings and musical performances by Tim Reid.
4. Since its the first Friday of the month check out all the cool events happening around town including block parties and art walks for First Fridays.
5. The Griffith Observatory hosts a monthly forum where some of the most amazing phenomena in the known universe are explained and discussed. It’s called All Space Considered and it takes place on the first Friday of every month. FREE
6. Greenbar Distillery is hosting two cocktail classes in Downtown LA this weekend. This Friday the theme is Seasonal Fresh Produce Cocktails with Whiskey and Vodka. Saturday is Coffee Cocktails.
7. Grab discount tickets to this weekend’s LA Audio Show, a convention focusing on the latest and greatest in audio gear and accessories, taking place at the Gateway Sheraton Hotel. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. This Friday will be the 2nd Annual Venice Pride Sign Lighting & Block Party. The night’s celebration will include DJs, dancing, food trucks, art exhibitions, and more. Free and open to the public. FREE
9. Friday is National Donut Day! To celebrate Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants throughout the Los Angeles area will be offering a free classic donut with the purchase of any beverage. Enjoy!
10. Björk Digital is a groundbreaking virtual reality collection of videos, featuring music from Björk’s latest album, Vulnicura, to be shown at Magic Box at The Reef in Downtown L.A. starting on May 19.
11. A new exhibition entitled Sanctuary opens this Friday night at the Little Tokyo Arts Complex. The opening night exhibition/performance will be followed by a DJ set by Shephard Fairey. FREE
12. Great Horror Movie Nights at the Old Zoo in Griffith Park continue with a screening of Carrie this Friday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
13. The Alchemist’s Lab is an escape room experience putting you right in the shoes of a junior detective at Scotland Yard in the 19th century. Do you have what it takes to uncover the devious plans of the alchemist? Happening throughout the weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
14. Greater Palm Springs Restaurant Week is from June 2 through 11! The desert getaway of choice for most Angelenos, restaurant week is just like dineL.A. offering special deals during lunch and dinner at some of the deserts best eateries.
Saturday June 3rd, 2017
15. Street Food Cinema this Saturday features screenings of 500 Days of Summer at Will Rogers State Historic Park Pacific Palisades and Rogue One: A Star Wars Story at Victory Park Pasadena. Check for discounted tickets for select screenings. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
17. Celebrate National Trails Day by helping to maintain the safety and beauty of public trails in Malibu at the Santa Monica Mountains Recreation Area.
18. Low carb is so passé. On June 3 and 4 load up on some of the best breads in town during the L.A. Bread Festival at Grand Central Market! The two-day food event is returning for a third year of free bread-centric festivities including workshops, demos, butter making and special bread vendors.
19. KNOWLEDGES at Mount Wilson Observatory returns on June 3 and 4 for a weekend of experimental, site-oriented art installations, performances and viewings at the landmark observatory. Entrance to KNOWLEDGES is free, some performances are ticketed, with prices from $20 to $40.
20. The Los Angeles Conservancy presents Last Remaining Seats featuring classic film screenings in Downtown Los Angeles’ vintage movie palaces. The series kicks off with L.A. Confidential at Orpheum Theatre, Downtown L.A.
21. KCRW’s Summer Nights returns with their free all-ages outdoor music concerts this week at One Colorado with Chico Mann & Captain Planet with KCRW DJ Marion Hodges. FREE
22. June 3rd is Wonder Woman Day and the Perky Nerd in Burbank will celebrate with free comics and special guests like Susan Eisenberg (the voice of Wonder Woman), Londyn Jackson from the History of the Batman and Drew Johnson, artist of the Wonder Woman books. Feel free to dress up in your Wonder Woman best.
23. Get ready for a night of soul, country and pop all rolled into one, because Lady Antebellum is coming to the Hollywood Bowl! Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
24. Blue Collar Working Dog is hosting a Pride Pack dog walking event to celebrate the LGBTQ community. The walk will take place at Echo Park Lake and guests will receive goody bags, win raffle prizes and hit a piñata filled with dog treats! FREE
25. Opening Day of American Horror Story: The Style of Scare’ Exhibit at Paley Center for Media will take place this Saturday. This new exhibit will encompass over 4000 feet of space in the Beverly Hills museum. FREE
26. West Hollywood’s LGBTQ Arts Festival, Presents a “Day of History” featuring Drag Queen Story Time, a Stuart Timmons LGBTQ History Tour, an interactive performance installation by Yozmit and a screening of Reel in the Closet. FREE
27. Beta Main presents Writing Herself an afternoon of readings and performance by Black femme artists and writers. Artist include Dove A., Chinwe Okona, Essence Harden, Chella Coleman, Charmaine Bee, Jasmine Nyende, and Sarah Gail Armstrong. FREE
28. Lummis Day happening June 3 and 4 is a free event highlighting the creativity of Northeast Los Angeles through art, music, and poetry. The annual festival celebrates Southwest Museum founder Charles Fletcher Lummis over multiple days and locations.
Sunday June 4th, 2017
29. The 20th Annual SoRo (South Robertson) Community Festival will feature live music, community art projects, a tree adoption ceremony, a treasure hunt, vendor booths, a kids zone and more. FREE
30. Monrovia Music Fest returns to the Library Park Memorial Fountain in Old Town Monrovia this Sunday with indie bands, a craft beer garden, food truck, family friendly activities and a Bark Park! FREE
31. Urban Air Market, a major outdoor marketplace highlighting local and sustainable design, hits Los Feliz Village this Sunday. Checkout over 100 emerging designer pop-ups, live musical performances and support from neighborhood shops and restaurants. FREE
32. Paramount Ranch celebrates it’s 90th anniversary with a free walking tour of the historic area and presentations. Arrive early and bring a picnic dinner, this event is open to all ages. FREE
33. Learn about the use and pleasures of cannabis during mind + body + plant, an afternoon of education that includes guided meditation, yoga, and massage therapy.
34. The Great Rock and Roll Flea Market will take over The Regent Theater in DTLA with an impressive selection of vintage collectors, antiquities dealers, vintage clothing, jewelry makers, music memorabilia, vinyl, local food vendors, food trucks, craftsmen and used musical instruments dealers. FREE
35. Le Salon de Musiques presents a stage free chamber musical experience with champagne and high tea to follow at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion this Sunday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
36. Spend the day cycling at the 17th Annual L.A. River Ride there will be plenty to explore as well as a post-ride expo, raffle and live music. Proceeds benefit the Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition.
37. 2 Girls 1 Pup is a comedy show hosted by Monique Madrid, Comet the pup and a rotation of girl hosts. Set up at Tailwaggers in Hollywood, pet owners can bring their little pups along for the show! Come early for the red carpet, PUPparazzi, PUPcorn and free beers! All proceeds go directly to The Tailwaggers Foundation.
38. KCET’s 18th Annual FINE CUT Festival of Films honors students and emerging filmmakers from around the world at Hollywood’s Egyptian Theatre. Showcasing some of the best short films, the event is hosted by comedian Demetri Martin who is also an emerging filmmaker. FREE
Want to get our to-do lists straight to your inbox every week? Sign up for our email program.
Have an upcoming event you’d like suggest for listing? Drop us a line at [email protected].