As you probably already know we do a twice weekly listing of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to me that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy. With that in mind, here are 10 quick ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
Events are listed for this Friday, Saturday and Sunday in descending order from most to least expensive.
Follow the links for more info!
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
1. [$8.50] USC Alumni Short Film Program at the Aero Theater.* (Friday)
2. [$7.50-$13.00] Moulin Rouge at Electric Dusk Drive-In. Tickets for group lawn seating start at $7.50 and tickets for reserved car spots start at $13.00. (Saturday).
3. [$5.00] Swagger Like Us, a queer hip-hop dance party at AKBAR (Saturday)
4. [$5.00] Arcade Nights at SPiN Standard / The Standard Hotel in DTLA. (Sunday)
5. [FREE] Front Porch Cinema presents: Big Hero 6 at the Santa Monica Pier (Friday)
6. [FREE] Innovate Pershing Square (Friday)
7. [FREE] JPL’s Open House (Saturday-Sunday)
8. [FREE] Opening reception for Covert to Overt at the Subliminal Projects. (Saturday)
9. [FREE] 6th Annual Taste of the Pier & Waterfront. Free to attend, tasting tickets are $1 a piece. (Sunday)
10. [FREE] Free group yoga class via Kali Yoga at the Bootleg Theater. Class starts at 11:00am. (Sunday)
* Discount tickets available only via Goldstar links provided.
If you want a more complete rundown, check Christina’s weekend roundup that was posted up yesterday morning or check out our discount events page for more savings.
And of course, make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.