Part of the work involved in writing this blog is continually pushing ourselves to go out and try (or retry) unique experiences in and around Los Angeles.
So what’s one fun way to create some artificial accountability? Make a big fat list of stuff I want to do and post it online so I can be publicly shamed if I don’t get it all done.
That ought to work, right?!?
Now, some of the items I’ve listed below are places or things I’ve never experienced before, while others might be well known landmarks/spots I’ve visited in the past but I might just really need additional photographs or fresh eyes, or perhaps it’s a gallery/museum with a new exhibit I want to see.
In any case I’m going to write a brand new piece of coverage detailing each experience, including thoughts and photos, all which will be linked below so you can see how it went. I might even make some video content…
For the most part, everything I’ve listed is ‘free’ but there are a few costs for some of items I want to do (renting a kayak, donation based yoga, parking at the Getty Villa, etc…) , which means not everything on this list is 100% free.
But it’s close.
In any case, feel free to copy/paste this 2015 second-half bucket list and give it a go, adding or amending as you see fit.
And most of all, enjoy!
x = completed
1. [ x ] Visit the Bradbury Building (8/18/2015)
2. [ x ] See a free KCRW Concert (8/15/2015)
3. [ x ] Take a photo of the Modern Heroes statue in WeHo Park (8/16/2015)
4. [ ] Hike Echo Mountain
6. [ ] Go to the Getty Villa
8. [ ] Hike with Ranger Ernie one last time (he’s retiring at the end of September)
12. [ ] Snap a photo at the Watts Towers
13. [ ] Kayak in Alamitos Bay
18. [ ] Visit Gallery 1988
20. [ ] Explore the Brand Library
21. [ x ] Visit the replica of the original In N Out location (8/20/2015)
22. [ ] Visit the Hammer Museum
24. [ ] Yoga on the bluff
25. [ ] Spend a day in Topanga Canyon
27. [ ] Go to the Santa Monica Farmer’s Market (and make a big meal from what we buy!)
28. [ ] Photoshoot at the Old L.A. Zoo
What do you want to do in L.A. before 2015 is over? Let us know in the comments below!