Every week in Los Angeles there are tons of great things to do (even before the weekend gets started) that we think you ought to have on your radar. With that in mind, we put together a list every Monday morning to keep you in the know about what’s happening in the city you love (or maybe just like).
This week, from Monday, November 13 to Friday, November 17, features Techweek LA, the UCLA Game Arts Festival, a holiday pier lighting in Manhattan Beach, LA Zoo Holiday Lights, a VR Tournament, and MUCH more.
Remember you can always go to our L.A. events calendar page to get an updated rundown of what’s happening around the city.
Hope you find the rundown useful and, as always, enjoy your week!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundown sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
Monday November 13th, 2017
1. Discover Los Angeles technology and innovation, participate in a hiring fair & hear from inspiring speakers at Techweek LA, Nov. 13-17.
2. How Not to Kill Yourself for 30 Days, a one-woman show at The Groundlings’ Theater by Annie Sertich (2 Broke Girls). DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. The annual AFI FEST returns to Hollywood November 9-16 for an eight-day run featuring over 100 films, including three world premieres and four additional highly anticipated films.
4. Get into the winter spirit when ICE at Santa Monica returns with a 8,000 square foot ice skating rink. Running November 1 through January 5.
5. Write Club Los Angeles turns literature into (figurative) bloodsport. 2 opposing writers. 2 opposing ideas. 7 minutes apiece.
6. Catch live jazz with The Ari Hoenig Trio at the Catalina Bar & Grill. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
Be sure to check out the latest episode the We Like L.A. vlog (and subscribe while you’re at it!)
Tuesday November 14th, 2017
7. The Engadget Experience: Alternate Realities comes to the Theatre at the Ace Hotel November 14 for a day-long immersive experience that will explore the intersection of art and technology.
8. The UCLA Game Art Festival returns for its fifth gaming extravaganza in the courtyard at the Hammer Museum on November 14. FREE
9. Visit Skirball Cultural Center for Flavors of Mexico to learn about regional cuisines of Mexico through lectures, cooking demonstrations, tastings, and 9. opportunities for hands-on participation.
10. Oasis frontman Liam Gallgher comes to the Wiltern this Tuesday night in support of his solo album As You Were.
11. Free museum admission: Los Angeles County Museum of Art and the Autry National Center of the American West. FREE
Wednesday November 15th, 2017
12. Come to Angel City Brewery in Downtown Los Angeles’ Arts District on November 15 for its inaugural season of VR Tournaments.
13. The annual Pier Lighting & Holiday Open House returns Manhattan Beach this Wednesday starting at 6 p.m. FREE
14. Union Station is hosting a Metro Bike Hub Grand Opening celebration this Wednesday starting a 9 a.m.
Thursday November 16th, 2017
15. Get ready for another season of ice-skating in Downtown Los Angeles when the Bai Holiday Ice Rink returns to Pershing Square from November 16 through January 15, 2018.
16. Stop by the Skirball Center for a conversation with artist Ken Gonzales-Day & multiple muralists as they discuss the the history of murals in L.A.
17. Kickoff the start of the holiday season with The Americana at Brand Christmas. FREE
18. Looking for a little inspiration to create social change? Check out The Provocateurs: A Master Series at the California African American Museum. FREE
Burned Material comes to the NerdMelt Showroom for a live event where comedians watch old tapes of their stand up. This week’s guests include Nikki Glaser and Theo Von.
20. Head to Laemmle’s NoHo 7 to catch a throwback Thursday screening of The Long Goodbye (1973) with Elliot Gould as detective Phillip Marlowe.
21. Free admission at: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball, the Pasadena Museum of California Art (5 to 8 p.m.), and Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.)
22. Thursday is game Night at Grand Central Market. FREE
Friday November 17th, 2017
23. Getty Villa Theater Lab Presents Aeschylus’s ‘The Suppliant Women’, to show at select times from Nov. 17-19.
24. California Market Center, in the heart of Downtown Los Angeles’ Garment District, opens to the pubic for a big sample sale this Friday (just in time for holiday shopping!).
25. The 46th Annual Malibu Art Walk Festival comes to a brand new location for 2017. The three-day event kicks off this Friday, to run from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. FREE
26. There’s going to be a midnight screening of Pulp Fiction at the New Beverly Theatre this Friday night.
27. dubLab Fridays at Grand Central Market bring a soundtrack of DJ-spun tunes to your exploration of delicious bites. From 7 to 10 p.m. FREE
28. The annual tradition of L.A. Zoo Lights kicks off this Friday, and is set to run through January 7. Tickest start at $19.95 (for prime, weekend nights), but you can save a few bucks by checking for discount tickets from Goldstar. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
29. Check out free music this Friday at Union station as Metro Art Presents: Phil Ranelin Jazz Ensemble. FREE
30. Enjoy live gypsy jazz and swing tunes at Villains Tavern with a performance by The Vignes Rooftop Revival. Starts at 10 p.m. FREE
Want to get our to-do lists straight to your inbox every week? Sign up for our email program.
Have an upcoming event you’d like suggest for listing? Drop us a line at [email protected]