You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for Friday, February 9, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [7 p.m.] Visit the Skirball Cultural Center this Friday for Open Shabbat, a communal meal, held outdoors, featuring a farm-fresh vegetarian menu. This reimagined version of a Jewish ritual is meant to be a meaningful life practice for all.
2. [7 p.m.] Head to The Madelin Garden in Pasadena for high tea and a performance of Oscar Wilde’s The Importance of Being Earnest.
3. [7 p.m.] Walk the Moon at the Hollywood Palldium.
4. [7:30 p.m.] USC Thornton Wind Ensemble: Contemporary Voices at the Bovard Auditorium. FREE
5. [7:30 p.m.] The Last Bookstore presents a reading and discussion with Laurie Penny about the Feminist Future. Penny is an award-winning writer, critic, political journalist and author of five non-fiction books. FREE
6. [8 p.m.] Celebrate Valentine’s Day early at Cinespia’s special 25th anniversary screening of Poetic Justice at Downtown Los Angeles’ Palace Theater.
7. [8 p.m.] The 9th Annual Edwardian Ball & World’s Faire returns to the Globe Theater in Los Angeles on Saturday buy the day before (today!) there will be a World’s Faire held. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. (DISCOUNTED) via Goldsta
8. [8 p.m.] There’s a one-man, family-friendly adaptation of Charles Dickens Great Expectations at The Wallis in Beverly Hills. Performances will run February 8 through 11. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. (DISCOUNTED) via Goldstar
9. [8 p.m.] Love ROBOT CHICKEN Style: A Charity Art Show at Iam8Bit. FREE
10. [various] The Pan African Film Festival (PAFF) returns to Los Angeles February 8-19. Now in its 26th year, the 12-day festival will showcase over 100 new films and the talented artists who created them.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $20 tix to the L.A. Cookie Con this Saturday-Sunday
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.