You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, April 15, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] The Great L.A. Urban River Cleanup returns. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] The 2017 VRLA Expo offers two days (April 14-15) of virtual reality and augmented reality demos, education sessions, immersive work presentations and more.
3. [11 a.m.] The annual Egg Bowl will scatter 70,000 colored eggs all around the Pasadena Rose Bowl for a beloved Easter holiday celebration
4. [11 a.m.] Heritage Square Museum hosts its 13th annual Vintage Fashion Show and Tea
5. [noon] The Long Beach Craft Beer & Oyster Festival returns for another year of beer and oyster pairings.
6. [7 p.m.] The Howard Griffin Gallery L.A., will be hosting a party for IAA USA’s World Art Day and celebrate the launch and fundraise for the newly formed U.S. chapter of the IAA in Los Angeles this Saturday.
7. [8 p.m.] Flash back to the ’90s during this prom-themed screening of 10 Things I Hate About You at the Million Dollar Theatre in Downtown Los Angeles. Goldstar has a limited number of discounted tickets, so we recommend grabbing them while they last! DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [8 p.m.] L.A.’s only live animated comedy show Picture This! is back with a FREE show on Saturday at The Virgil with over a dozen well known comedians and animators. FREE
9. [various] Festival M.A.R.S., a ten-day festival featuring unique merging of music, fashion, art and dance, is coming to Downtown Los Angeles from April 14-23.
10. [various] Check out The Portals Project at Grand Park. FREE
ALSO: There’s a big Tax Day March planned to start in Pershing Square at 11 a.m. today. Even if you’re not attending, be advised of possible traffic implications.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $39 for LA Weeky’s Burgers & Beer (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.