You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, June 9, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] EA PLAY allows you to be the first to play news games like Madden NFL 19, FIFA 19 and NBA Live 19. The event is free to attend and features hundreds of game stations, game demos, musical performances, art, food and much more. FREE
2. [noon.] The L.A. Pride Festival returns to West Hollywood (June 9-10) with a two-day festival featuring performances from Kehlani, Tove Lo and more at West Hollywood Park.
3. [noon] Glassell Bark Community Block Party & Rescue Adoption hosts a day of fun featuring a doggie fashion show, food trucks, free professional family photoshoots, free microchipping, a human barking contest, doggie treats, watermelon eating contest, freebies and more. FREE
4. [noon] Visit the Pasadena Playhouse area (at El Centro and Colorado) for a free Playhouse Block Party to celebrate the Playhouse District’s centennial. The event begins at noon with a family-focused party that then segues into a street party vibe in the late afternoon and early evening. FREE
5. [12:30 p.m.] The first ever Rosé Day LA will feature crisp bottles of rosé, delicious food curated by Chef Marc Forgione, live DJs, music performances, leisure lawn games and more all happening at Saddlerock Ranch in Malibu.
6. [3 p.m.] The LA Phil presents the Playboy Jazz Festival at the Hollywood Bowl June 9-10. Hosted by comedian and actor George Lopez, performers include Anthony Hamilton, Roy Gaines, Jazmine Sullivan, the Count Basie Orchestra, Tower of Power and more. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [7:30 p.m.] Picture This!, L.A.’s only live animated comedy show, is back with another free show at The Virgil in East Hollywood. During this show, see standup comics perform as talented animators, cartoonists and artists draw them live. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] Grand Performances presents Ulali, a Native American vocal and percussion group, performing alongside Southern Californian Indigenous poetry and storytelling. FREE
9. [8 p.m.] Rogue Artists Ensemble’s Wood Boy Dog Fish, a ‘hyper-theater’ production that uses puppetry, masks, and technology, at the Garry Marshall Theater.
10. [various] Venues such as 2nd Stage, Hudson Theatres, The Broadwater and the Underground Annex Theater will host comedy, ensemble theatre, dance and many more performances during the annual Hollywood Fringe Festival from June 7-24.
DEAL OF THE DAY: FREE tix to Dew Fest (skating, music, and art) at the Long Beach Convention Center(via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.